chapter twelve

a/n, this chapter is in Marina pov

NIGHT had fallen quicker than I thought it would. The sky was dark with only the moon shining and a few stars twinkling. The street was pretty empty with only some cars passing by and a few people walking. 

I walk over to my balcony taking a seat on one of the chairs I had placed earlier.  Leaning back I take a deep breath and look up at the sky, admiring the plain- yet breathtaking sight above me. 

Ever since I was a kid for as long as I could remember I always felt fascinated by the night sky. From the stars to planets and everything in between they never failed to impress me.

Most people would assume when you're known as the worldwide heartbreaker, things like a night sky wouldn't appeal to me as it's known as a time for "love".

They also tend to forget that I was once a normal human and felt love at a point. But things changed and people change due to events that lead to who I am today. 

I came to realize that love was nothing but a lie. Nothing but someone claiming they cared about you and will give you the "world", but that's only till they find someone better or more exciting. The minute they get bored of you, they throw you away like a useless crumbled piece of paper. 

That's when I decided to be the exact opposite of cupid. 

Instead of spreading love and bringing two lovers or "soulmates" together, I did the opposite. Breaking them up, whether it was the way of cheating, lies, toxicity. That's what being a heartbreaker was about.

When you're granted the powers of manipulation, spreading lies, toxicity, and red flags, What fun would it be not to use it?

The best part I admit would be learning to use your powers to get whatever you want. Even if society didn't accept it. 

It's not like I wanted to be the world's most-wanted villain. It just kinda happened. I was granted the power opposite of love, people thought I would end up a villain, be a homewrecker, so I gave them what they wanted. 

I'll admit it's not fun, but I can't help it. I know what I'm doing is bad but I enjoy it. 

The attention and seeing you're facing all over the media, even if it wasn't for good reason it was still better than nothing. 

Taking a sip of my tea I grab my phone from my pocket and call someone. It rang a few times before they picked up. 

" Hello?" 

" Hey you free tomorrow" 

sorry for the long wait i've been
so busy and caught up with other
stuff that i just haven't had time
to update, but i promise i will complete
this book :) love you all so so much 
<33