1. Xie Lian returns to Paradise Manor; Hua Cheng has a visitor

Xie Lian arrived at Paradise Manor, Hua Cheng's residence in Ghost City, via shortening distance array, straight from Puqi Shrine. He spent the last few days attending to his devotees in the area, and now wanted to make a surprise for Hua Cheng. However, the Ghost King had a visitor; sitting with him on the black jaded divan, feeling completely at home while holding a wine cup, was Shi Qingxuan.

Hua Cheng gave Xie Lian a big smile as soon as he saw him, "Gege."

Shi Qingxuan seemed a bit embarrassed but greeted him politely, "Your Highness."

Xie Lian was pleased to see his old friend from The Heavenly Court, and even though Shi Qingxuan was only a mortal now, he was still very welcome any time he showed up.

"Lord Wind Master! You should have sent me a message via spiritual communication array, I was in Puqi Shrine, actually I was returning here only tomorrow but..."

But he missed his San Lang, that's what he didn't say, but his slight blushing spoke on his behalf.

Even as a mortal, Shi Qingxuan still kept in touch with his heavenly acquaintances, thanks to an endless flow of ghost candy provided by Hua Cheng. It wasn't clear if Hua Cheng helped him to please Xie Lian or because he felt bad about the whole Black Water affair. Xie Lian himself believed Hua Cheng rather liked Shi Qingxuan even though he would never admit it.

"Much ashamed Your Highness. I, hum, came around to see Hua Chengzhu."

"Oh?"

"We were talking business Gege, but we're done now."

"Wait, business? San Lang what interest are you giving the Lord Wind Master? Drop it by half."

"Gege!"

Shi Qingxuan hurriedly said, "Your Highness I appreciate your help, but even though I'm merely a powerless mortal now I'll stick to my word and pay Hua Chengzhu what we agreed."

Xie Lian just kept looking at Hua Cheng, till he said, "Alright, half the interest we agreed before. Anyway, Shi Qingxuan has to go back to the Royal Capital. I'll send him on his way."

That was rather rude, but Xie Lian knew The Lord Wind Master would stay drinking and enjoying himself all night if they let him; and he was glad to be alone with Hua Cheng after being away for days, so exchanging goodbyes with Shi Qingxuan, he promised to go see him sometime on the same week.

Hua Cheng took him to the shortening distance array chamber and Shi Qingxuan was gone. Then he returned on his nonchalant walk to hug and kiss his Gege, but Xie Lian felt he had to give him a disapproving look; the look wouldn't last long as Hua Cheng would soon draw his attention for other matters.

"What? I wasn't going to charge interest anyway Gege. But he has to think I will, so he'll work hard."

"San Lang you're so insincere", he said shaking his head.

Hua Cheng wrapped his arms around Xie Lian's waist and pressed his body against him, saying by his ear, "You know my answer to that don't you?"

Xie Lian pffted a laugh.

Thank you for reading!  Please vote, comment and follow me for the ride of your after-life... 😀 😜😍