23. The Guoshi of WuYong and XianLe casts his vote

The Guoshi of WuYong and XianLe, Mei Nianqing bowed stiffly, and cleared his throat before speaking, like any scholar worth his salt.

"Thank you Temple Master for appointing this lowly one as a judge of such spectacular event!"

The Guoshi's speech was somewhat rehearsed too as he wasn't sure if being a judge in a drag queen contest was something dignified and noble. What would his three friends say, he wondered.

He continued, "As The Guoshi of XianLe, I had to frequently prepare tests on my cultivating young pupils involving seductive young ladies, so I can claim to be acquainted with feminine looks and manners."

Naturally he was referring to the tests Xie Lian always excelled, keeping himself free from lust, chanting the ethics sutras, his heart unwavering, his senses steady as the mountains. Till Hua Cheng came along. Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He blushed again, imagining everybody in the temple was thinking exactly that.

"All the contestants we're seeing here look glamorous and fabulous indeed..." The Guoshi hesitated at this use of such unfamiliar words. He added, "However we need to choose one queen! So my vote goes to this contestant who mastered and surpassed his own dressmaking skills, makeup, hair, heels, poise, attitude, who truly deserves the crown; General Xuan Zhen."

Now that was the proof the judges had taken the magical binding oath, as The Guoshi never liked Mu Qing but still voted for him, and with high praises too. But everybody felt Mu Qing deserved it, and The Guoshi's words were fair and just.

The audience clapped enthusiastically, not only many Mu Qing's devotees attending the dragrace, but also his presentation, being the first and that spectacular, having left a lasting impression on all. Shi Qingxuan bowed politely to The Guoshi, and once again waving his fan, directed everyone's attention to the next judge, General Ming Guang, Martial God of The North.

Don't we all love The Guoshi? 😂😂😂

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote!