22. Under the magical binding oath, Hua Cheng casts his vote

Everyone in the temple applauded and cheered, excited to hear Crimson Rain Sought Flower's take on the spectacle they had just witnessed. He smiled nonchalantly, saying on the spiritual broadcasting array to Shi Qingxuan, "Temple Master, it's an honour to be a judge on such legendary festival."

He paused. Hua Cheng wasn't used to give praise and be polite to others, except to Xie Lian and, for some mystifying reason, to The Guoshi, so his speech was somewhat rehearsed. A few days before Xie Lian had asked him very seriously to mind his manners for Shi Qingxuan's sake, and NOT call the other heaven officials useless trash, SPECIALLY Feng Xin and Mu Qing.

He continued, "However, for indulging in drag shows anytime, I recommend visiting our dazzling Ghost City." and he smiled invitingly. Hua Cheng just thought of devising a drag pass so mortals could go to Ghost City unharmed, but he'd see to it later. Shi Qingxuan smiled knowingly; they were both businessmen, and he graciously bowed, while the crowd cheered on.

Hua Cheng continued, "All contestants worked hard, their finery and accessories exquisite and all the spiritual power presentations were stunning." The contestants bowed, smiling gently, Feng Xin and Mu Qing a little stiff, but willing to participate in the act.

Shi Qingxuan said, "My lord Crimson Rain Sought Flower! We have to choose one queen tonight, the winner of The Bian Zhuang Huanghou Xuan Mei, or Shi Qingxuan's Dragrace."

The contestants applauded politely; the audience cheered in mad expectation at Hua Cheng's vote.

"My vote", Hua Cheng said with a firm, confident tone, "Goes to His Highness The Crown Prince of XianLe." And ten he smiled brightly at Xie Lian, and at everyone around.

Everyone's faces dropped. The contestants tried not to look outraged, not to ruin their makeup; Xie Lian blushed violently, his face burning. A magical binding oath can block dishonesty, malicious intent, flattery; however is useless against pure infatuation...

Shi Qingxuan was unfazed; a judge's vote was absolute and it'd just look bad to the festival's credibility to question Hua Cheng's choice. Besides, from all the drag queens on the main stage, Xie Lian was one of who truly deserved the crown.

The audience applauded, satisfied with Hua Cheng's choice, and Shi Qingxuan, waving his fan, passed the word to the next judge, The Guoshi of WuYong and XianLe, Mei Nianqing.

Surprise surprise, Hua Cheng! 😉😍😜

Thank you for reading! Please vote, comment and follow me!