5. Xie Lian gets dragged down

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Suppose I COULD have said no?"

Hua Cheng had just finished copying his verses and was waiting for the ink to dry; he looked at Xie Lian, resting his face on his hand, trying not to laugh, amused at Xie Lian's usual overthinking and distress when he was pushed in a situation out of his control. He leisurely said, "Gege don't worry about it it's just a bit of fun."

Xie Lian walked back and forth, talking himself into it. "Hum, I guess. And if everybody else is joining too... I don't want to be a spoil sport."

Hua Cheng snickered, "Of course everybody else is joining. Your average heaven official comes wagging their tail whenever you mention MERITS. Plus, Shi Qingxuan must have insisted, harassed and possibly used my name as a threat."

Xie Lian looked at him somewhat shocked, not really believing Shi Qingxuan would go this far. Hua Cheng added with a bright smile, "It was my suggestion."

"San Lang!"

Hua Cheng pulled Xie Lian to sit on his lap, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his face on Xie Lian's shoulder. He kissed him on the cheek.

"Gege, it's not that you haven't done something similar before is it?", he smiled teasingly.

Xie Lian closed his eyes, as if he was exhausted. He had explained that so many times. "It was totally different! It's was for the mission and..."

Hua Cheng laughed heartily, and Xie Lian cleared his throat and crossed his arms, sulking, "Anyway. I seem to remember you quite liked it."

It seems Xie Lian is about to enter a Heavenly Tribulation. 😝 

Please vote, comment and follow me! 😄