21. Let's hear the judges' critiques

All the contestants felt the panel of judges was somewhat biased in favour of His Highness The Crown Prince of XianLe; not only Hua Cheng being one the judges, which was in itself quite intimidating for the other judges; but also Xie Lian's former master and Shi Qingxuan, who always stood by his side and proclaimed to heavens and earth to be his friend.

Pei Ming on his turn had a grudge because of Pei Su and all that Banyue affair, but still was wary of Xie Lian's bad luck; even though he was told Xie Lian's bad luck shackle was gone and those with a clear conscience should have nothing to fear, still he feared.

Shi Qingxuan's voice exploded on the spiritual broadcasting array again, "May I let our esteemed Lords and Ladies know that we the judges took a magical binding oath; it only allows us to vote on who we truly regard as the best contestant, and be totally impartial."

Being The Lord Water Master Shi Wudu's brother, Shi Qingxuan knew how personal relations and politics played a big part in such "games", and even though he was turning out to be quite lawless these days, having resorted to dubious ways to get the officials to join the dragrace, he still wanted the competition to be fair. Shi Qingxuan was a great defender of justice.

He continued, "Let's hear the impressions of our first judge, Hua Cheng."

Hua Cheng smiled and nodded, acknowledging Shi Qingxuan, and waved to the audience. The ghosts in the crowd exploded in cheers, elbowing whoever was around them, mighty proud of their lord,

"THAT'S OUR LORD YA LOOKIN' AT! OL' LORD!"

"QUACK HUA CHENGZHU! QUACK QUACK!"

"YOUR LORDSHIP HUA CHENGZHU!"

Everybody else was swooning over Hua Cheng; the nightmare of the heavens being such a gentleman, with refined manners, so elegant; the ladies noting to themselves how handsome and charming he was too, his demonic alluring looks provoking many sighs and unseemly fantasies in the crowd.

Shi Qingxuan noted to himself it wasn't bad at all having a judge on his festival so attractive and with such charm; he was sure Hua Cheng would gain many new devotees that very night, receiving prayers of such a nature once destined to General Nan Yang. 

You know what I mean... 😈😈😈