Chapter twenty-nine: The dragons nest

Can I just say lovelies, being a call center rep sucks. Please be kind to those you speak to on the phone, because the person on the other end is just trying to do their job to their best ability. Okay, rant over, onto the chapter!

It was dark when I woke up, the sound of a fire crackling in my ears. I could see shapes around the fire, two of them and I let out a groan in pain as I try to move.

"Lay still. You got injured in the fall."

Téa says, coming over and placing something under my head and I wince, looking over my chest to see it covered in bandages, my right arm covered as well.

"Fall? You mean the cliff? I should have died, what happened?"

I ask with a hoarse voice, Téa lifting my head and pouring some water in my mouth and I drink it. There's a loud noise next to me as what I thought was the wall shifts, something glittering in the firelight.

"Do not fear (Y/N). I saved you from the fall, just as I did my companions."

The large shadow says and in the dim light I can make out eyes staring at my figure. I recognized the voice that echoed in my head, disbelief filling my eyes as a large gold dragon enters the light of the fire.

"Borch? You're a dragon?"

I say in shock, trying to sit up but falling back down in pain, a violent cough leaving my throat as pain racks my body.

"Rest young warrioress. Let my companions heal you before the others arrive tomorrow. Rest."

Borch says and I nod, letting out pained breaths as Téa checks my wounds, mumbling prayers of sorts.

"How bad?"

I ask her and she frowns. With a solemn face she places her hand on my good shoulder in comfort.

"You hit the side of the cliff when you fell, the rocks stabbed into your body. I'm doing what I can, but you will survive. You'll have another nasty scar to add to your body, but you will live."

Téa says calmly and I nod, sucking in a breath as she lifts my arm to clean my wounds along it, pain etching itself on my features. Spots lined my vision as the pain overwhelms me and my vision goes dark once more. When next I woke I hear the clashing of swords and the draw of magic in my core as I looked around, finally able to see the dead dragoness next to me and her egg. With a grunt I pull myself to my feet, grabbing my sword next to me and unsheathing it, using it as a crutch as I bite back the pain. I would not let them hurt this egg. As one of Boholts men walks to the egg I come up to him, slashing my sword across his chest, cutting his neck open and he falls to the ground dead at my feet. A group of them notices me and they growl, rushing to me and I raise my hand, casting Aard like Geralt showed me and their blasted back toward Borch, fire raining down from his jaws as they go up in smoke. Giving me a gentle nod of his head in thanks I turn back to the fight, hearing more voices outside and I stumble against the cave wall, making my way to the entrance as fast as my body would let me. Pain echoed across my being but I pushed it aside when I see Yennefer in danger and I toss my sword into the man attacking her, killing him as she looks to where the sword came from.

"(Y/N)?!"

She says in wonder, a soft smile dawning on her face before I notice Geralt in trouble and Boholt tosses sand into his eyes and Yennefer acts quickly stabbing her danger into Boholts neck. With a smile I collapse to my knees, the pain in my chest rising up again as Yennefer quickly rushes to me, pulling me into her arms.

"I thought we lost you."

She mumbles quietly as he places a kiss to my temple, holding me tightly against her, combing the wild hairs out of my face and I smile in pain.