Chapter forty: A silly little cold.

hey lovelies! this is just a little short chapter about an Idea I had, because I firmly believe Geralt has never really witnessed what a simple cold looks like and I defiantly believe he would over react if (Y/N) or Ciri got one, so have this brain child of that idea lol. Onto the chapter!

"(Y/N)." 

Geralt says as I stir the pot filled with stew, it being my day to cook, and I glance over at him for a moment before going back to what I was doing. 

"Yes Darling? Is something the matter?"

I ask him as I take out the spoon I was holding, setting it aside and covering the pot with the lid, dusting my hands off on my tunic as I give him a smile.

"Cirilla come to training this morning sweating with red cheeks and her voice was hoarse when she spoke.. When I asked her what was wrong she dismissed me and just said she hadn't slept well."

Geralt says and I could tell from the cadence of his tone that he was worried and I frown slightly, giving him a look as I lean back on one of the tables in the hall. 

"Did you check her temperature? She may just have a cold."

I ask and Geralt's brows furrow slightly in confusion.

"A cold?"

Geralt asks me and I raise my eyebrow at him curiously, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, a cold. you know, fever, stuffy nose, sore throat? A cold."

I say and Geralt gives me a look, confusion on his features and I chuckle slightly at the face he was making.

"Is that a bad thing? Do I need to start brewing an elixir of health for her?"

Geralt asks me and I laugh at his concern, finding it quite cute how his features scrunched at my laughter.

"Geralt my love, it's just a cold. she needs a day of rest and some warm food then she'll be right as rain. Come one, let's go find the little troublemaker."

I say with a lighthearted tone, walking over to him and taking his hand in mine, lacing my fingers with his as we walked around Kaer Morhen, finding Ciri out in the stables, petting Roach and she sneezes softly and I raise my eyebrow at her, concerned by how red her cheeks and ears where, letting go of Geralt's hand and coming up behind her, setting my hands on her shoulder's and she jumps slightly at the action.

"Sweetheart, turn to face me please." 

I say and Ciri turns around and I place the back of my hand against her forehead, her skin burning hot against it, and I frown, Ciri giving me a look knowing I'd caught her.

"Inside, now. the longer you stay out in this cold the worse you'll get."

I say sternly and Ciri sputters slightly, looking at Geralt for support and I cross my arms, giving her a stern look.

"He's not going to help you. Inside, now, Cirilla."

I say sternly and Ciri pouts, Geralt chuckling softly at the look on her face.

"But mom-"

Ciri hoarsely starts and I raise my eyebrow at her, Ciri falling silent with a huff as she trudges off, Geralt chuckling softly. 

"Go make sure she actually goes to her room, I'm going to grab her some soup."

I say and Geralt chuckles, leaning down and giving me a sweet kiss that catches me off guard for a moment before pulling away and I give him a confused look.

"What was that for?"

I ask and Geralt chuckles softly, the slight smile on his face making my heart flutter in my chest