- three thousand lanterns -

( so guys ill be putting songs in the upcoming chapters , I really recommend you guys to play these songs while you're reading these chapters  because these songs really match the vibe of the story , make sure to support the creator and vote and comment on this chapter.)

.

As Hua Cheng fell into Xie Lian's embrace , he couldn't help but feel shocked , he didn't see it coming and he didn't know how to react , he stood with a slight blush on his face.

"Thank you so much San Lang , i can't thank you enough for this, i don't know how i can repay you." Xie Lian said while slightly sobbing. 

Hua Cheng made Xie Lian face him , and gently wiped his tears and said, 

"You don't ever have to repay me." 

"Thank you so much." Xie Lian said expressing his deep gratitude. 

"Shall we head back now ? " Hua Cheng asked . 

"Yes, let's go" Xie Lian replied. 

As Xie Lian made his way to his room , it hit him , that he hugged Hua Cheng , he was blushing so hard , he felt as if heart was about to explode. 

"UGHHHHHH , WHY DID I DO THAT ??? WHAT WAS I THINKING???" Xie Lian said while screaming into his pillow. 

He subconsciously found himself staring at the necklace and said, 

"I like him , i like him so much ."

The next morning Xie Lian greeted his parents who just came back from a trip to America and had a scrumptious breakfast with them , he really missed his parents and their lovely conversations.

As Xie Lian realized it was Sunday , he had nothing much to do , he decided to complete his missing assignments , which took hours of completion. It was not until a little late in the afternoon when he finished his assignments , he removed his glasses and sighed, 

"Finally , its over , quite a productive day." Xie Lian said while patting himself on the back. 

As he was about to grab a quick snack , he received a call from Shi QingXuan.

"Xie Lian listen to me, have you heard about that red lantern festival that happens once in every 26 years?" Shi QingXuan said in a hurried tone.  

"Okay slow down a bit and yes i have , what about the festival?" Xie Lian asked.

"Dude turns out that festival is today , it's all over the internet , there's gonna be thousands of lanterns that are gonna be lit today , the sky would be filled with red lanterns today and i guess these lanterns are symbolic of each person's faith and wishes. We should go there tonight , we won't get this chance again and also i have invited Hua Cheng and He Xuan."