Chapter 5, Attraction

"It's been around a month since I met her, and we've become very close, very quickly. I love being around her and Gabriel loves hanging out with Ella, it's so perfect. Although it's not a very good idea because theres been numerous occasions I've considered just going for it again and trying to kiss her. It's just the fact that she always looks so effortlessly gorgeous, and oh my god the way that she looks at me, a huge plus. You know...this sucks, this actually really sucks"

Chapter 5, Attraction

(Friday, December 14th, 12:47 am) Troy had just walked in the front door from working an 8 hour closing shift at the movie theater, closing the door behind him quietly. He turned towards the coat rack and shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders, letting out a sigh of relief that he was home and hanging his jacket up on a free hook. His mom was standing in the kitchen in the middle of grabbing a beer from the fridge when he walked in, taking a glimpse at him over her shoulder. "How was work?" Jill asked as she popped the bottle cap off on the counter, taking a long sip. "Stressful. I had to kick out some teenagers for being obnoxious and disruptive so they got pissed and trashed the theater with all of the shit they bought from the concessions, and guess who had to clean it up?" Troy questioned sarcastically, Jill scoffing and shutting the fridge door. "Fuckin' kids man, i hated working at the theater." She said and shook her head in disbelief, Troy letting out an exasperated laugh as he walked over to the couch. "Fuckin' kids indeed, so do i." He uttered in agreement as he plopped down onto the couch, settling into it comfortably. Jill walked over to him and sat down beside him, draping her leg over his and tossing a throw blanket over their laps. She offered Troy a drink of her beer once she was comfortable which he immediately accepted, "Thanks" He murmured before taking a big drink of the beer and then swallowing it. He handed the beer back, his eyes still glued to the TV as he found the channel that he was looking for and switched on Gilmore Girls. His mom set her head on his shoulder, letting out a content sigh as Troy put an arm around her shoulder. "I can't believe that you like this shit" Jill subtly teased with a chuckle, Troy smiling. "Yeah me neither..you can thank lyric for that." Troy said under his breath and his mom immediately sat up which made Troy pull back from her, Jill raising an eyebrow "Who is Lyric?" She had a teasing tone in her voice which made Troy laugh in disbelief at the accusing expression and tone. "Jesus mom it's not like that, she's my friend. My new volleyball coach." Troy replied simply and Jill hummed with a trace of a smile still lingering. "Okayy.." She said, unconvinced, and Troy gave her a look. "I mean it." Troy stated sternly, his mom flashing him a reassuring smile and settling back into him, resting her head on his shoulder "I didn't say you were lying" Jill murmured.

(45 minutes later, 1:31 am) Troy was woken up by a phone call, letting out a soft groan before he reluctantly opened his eyes. Jill was still sitting beside him on the couch, chuckling at whatever she had turned on the TV after he fell asleep. He felt around for his buzzing phone inside of his pockets and bumped up against it, grasping it and pulling it out..he stared at his phone screen in silence for a moment before reluctantly answering. "Hey.." Troy uttered tiredly under his breath, rubbing his face as he closed his eyes again. "Hey you" Lyric began, "Did I wake you?" She inquired with a chuckle laced within her words, "Yeah..but it's okay." Troy reassured and Lyric hummed in response, pausing on the other end as she took a drag from something. He heard the puff and chuckled a little "What are you smoking?" Troy questioned. "Cigarette" She replied simply and he hummed softly. "I didn't know you smoked cigarettes" Troy said as he sat up, Lyric smacking her lips together once and sighing. "Only when I'm stressed" She murmured, "Well..why are you stressed?" Troy seemed concerned, taking a glance at his mom who stared at him with a grin pulling up at the corners of her mouth. "My mom called me earlier..I heard her voice and immediately hung up." Lyric took a pause, letting out a sigh. "I haven't heard her voice since I was 13, Troy..I freaked out and blocked the number." Lyric said, her shaky hand coming up to her mouth to put the cigarette between her lips and puff on it.