Chapter 18, 18.

Chapter 18, 18

(1 week later, Friday, 3:09 pm) "9 more hours until I'm 18" Troy muttered in disbelief, staring off at the clock on the opposite side of the gym, Spencer nudged against Troy's shoulder with his. "My boy is going to be 18!! We need to celebrate tonight. Maybe we can go to the club" Spencer suggested with a smile, wiggling his eyebrows. Troy shrugged his shoulders, "I was planning on staying with Lyri-" Spencer interrupting him with a dramatic, dragged-out groan. "Ughhh Troy! Come get drunk with your buddies instead of your girlfriend for once! You can have her later in the night, at least give us the late evening" Spencer said, giving him a pouty look. Troy smiled, shaking his head in defeat "Whatever, that's not why I want to stay with her. I mean..okay maybe but she's my best friend, not my girlfriend" Troy stated, looking over at him. Spencer laughed and looked at him in disbelief, raising a brow. "You mean your best friend whom you clearly want to sleep with?" Spencer said loud and clear, Troy hushed Spencer with eyes wide and looked over at Lyric who walked into the gym. "I don't-" Troy tried to defend himself. "I don't want to..-" Troy tried once again. "Fuck..." He whispered, scratching his eyebrow out of frustration. "Yes exactly, fuck. Thank you for admitting it" Spencer teased, Troy rolling his eyes at him..Spencer snickered at the sassiness, looking up at Lyric who was about to walk by "Afternoon Coach" Spencer said. Lyric smiling and nodding greetingly at them. "Good afternoon boys" Lyric replied as she walked by the two of them, Spencer pulled in his bottom lip and softly bit it, smiling as he checked lyric out while she walked away. "Damn, your girlfriend is hot as hell, Troy. I'm sad she won't be here anymore for me to admire everyday" Spencer whispered, Troy immediately shoving Spencer's shoulder so hard that it caused him to fall off the bleacher's, laughing his ass off. Troy rolled his eyes and chuckled "Shut up you asshole" Troy stated as he looked down at him. Spencer was still laying on the ground, setting his hands under his head. "Aww look at you being all protective of your girlfrienddd" Spencer taunted, Troy laughing. "Okay Spencer you seriously need to shut up" Troy said through his soft laughing.

Time skip: 1 hour, After Practice, 4:41 pm

Lyric and Troy were sitting in her car and she was rolling a joint for them..she had a small tray in her lap with papers and buds, she took a pinch of the crushed up marijuana and sprinkled a little more into it before she began to roll it up, tightly but not too tightly. Troy just watched her in satisfaction as she licked along the side of the paper and secured it, rubbing her finger along the outside of the paper. Lyric twisted the end up to prevent it from falling out and she took the lighter that he offered and put it up to her lips, flicking the lighter a couple times before it successfully lit and burned through the tip of it. "I can't believe you're going to be 18 already" Lyric murmured before she took in a drag, holding it in and making an uncomfortable face. "It feels like only a few weeks since we met." Lyric struggled out her sentence before dying coughing, Troy chuckled at her struggle and she hit his shoulder, hard. "Yeah tell me about it..I can't believe I'm almost an adult. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life." Troy said, and Lyric offered him the joint, He took it and puffed on it savoringly, holding it in for a moment before blowing the smoke aside out the cracked window. "You're not the only one." Lyric stated as she took her joint from him..puffing on it momentarily before handing it back. She coughed once, clearing her throat. "Did you know that my plan was to join the marines?" Lyric asked..Troys eyes widened as he looked at her, letting out a chuckle in disbelief. "Seriously?" Troy questioned and Lyric nodded. "Yeah, About a year before i met you..I was 17, I didn't have my daughter and I couldn't find out where she was placed..My best friend had just left for good and I was struggling with addiction and I was just.." Lyric paused, taking in a small breath before speaking again. "Lost." She stated. "I got my fake ID made, got to the place to enlist and walked in..when I was signing my contract I couldn't help but feel guilt, leaving my daughter and siblings behind..I decided that this wasn't it for me so I left and shortly after that I found Ella. I'm so grateful I didn't sign that shit." Lyric said softly..Troy staring at her in silence for a moment. "Woah" He uttered. Lyric chuckling and nodding. "Yeah.." Lyric stated, looking at him and flashing him a smile. "You as a marine? It definitely would have fit" Troy admitted..Lyric chuckling and shrugging her shoulders. They sat there in silence for a minute, continuing to share the joint occasionally. She stayed quiet for a moment before speaking up "Time goes so fast..it's been around 7 months since we met" Lyric said with a hint of disbelief in her voice. His smile fighting free as he nodded. "Yeah...It really does, doesn't it" Troy said softly..Lyric turned his hand over and set her palm on top of his palm, her fingers slowly threading through his. Troy looked down at their hands and stared at them for a moment..soaking in her touch. He then looked up at her, brushing his thumb up and down her index finger affectionately. The corner of lyrics mouth slightly lifted up..it was obvious she was trying to hide a smile. Troy set his head against the headrest, smiling as he admired her. "I can't wait until I can kiss you" Troy stated softly..Lyric now smiling as well as she softly nodded. "I can't wait until I can kiss you either" Lyric admitted quietly..their eyes locked. Troy brought their hands up to his mouth and placed a soft kiss on her hand..Lyric getting a mischievous look on her face. "Let's go to a strip club tomorrow" Lyric stated simply..Troy was taken back and stared at her in silence for a few seconds before laughing. "What?" Troy questioned. "I like girls, you like girls, girls are hot, 18th birthday = Strip club to celebrate..we can bring Spencer and your boy toys if you want..well if you boys aren't fighting a massive hangover that is." Lyric replied..Troy chuckling and shrugging his shoulders. "Okay. I'm 100% down for that" Troy said simply, putting out her joint in the ashtray.

Time skip: 6 hours from where we left off..10:37 pm

Troys Outfit:

———————————————————————Troy was waiting on Spencer's porch

Troy was waiting on Spencer's porch..He looked down at his watch and let out a huff of irritation, sliding his hands back into his pants pockets. Spencer would rush out of his house, shutting the door behind him. "Dude" Troy groaned out "I've been waiting out here for 20 minutes." Troy stated, sighing as he shook his head. Spencer laughed and began to walk to his truck, Troy following him. "Sorry, Sorry. I may or may not have fallen asleep. I was beat after practice." Spencer stated as he opened the drivers side door and got in. "Of course you did" Troy replied in a flat tone as he got into the passenger seat. "Well...off we go to get wasted!" Spencer said excitedly and he shifted into reverse and backed out of the driveway, Troy shaking his head at him with a small smile.

At the club, 10:42 pm

Troy and Spencer walked into the club, Troy looking around in fascination "This place is amazing" Troy said, a hint of excitement in his voice, Spencer shortly chuckled before his face went stone cold serious along with his tone "You have a Fake ID Right? Just in case my buddy Aaron isn't working?" Spencer asked as he looked over at him. Troy looked at him with a look of disbelief on his face and scoffed "Of course i have a fake ID, You dipshit. I already told you lyric made me one." Troy stated as he rolled his eyes "Okay you know what? I'm getting tired of your attitude, tough guy" Spencer said as he shoved his shoulder playfully, Troy laughed and shoved him back as they walked over to the bar. "Aaron! Buddy!" Spencer called to Aaron who was wiping down the bar. Aaron let out a sigh, looking up at the two as they walked over. "Hi Spencer, come to be a delinquent?" Aaron questioned, Spencer chuckling as they sat down in the barstools. "You know it. We're celebrating this punks..." Spencer paused to whisper. "18th" Aaron looking at Troy and smiling. "Oh adulthood. How fun. Happy birthday" Aaron said flatly..Troy smiling and flashing him a smile. "Thank you."  "We'll take 6 shots of..what do you want Troy?" Spencer asked..Troy shrugging his shoulders as he relaxed back into the bar stool. "I'm not picky." He stated. "Okay, then Aaron. You have good taste, just pick something, besides vodka, please no vodka." Spencer said and shivered at the thought, Aaron chuckling and nodding "You got it" He said as he turned and walked away to grab the liquor and shot glasses. "6 shots to start us off? Geez, this is going to be a long night" Troy teased, Spencer laughing and shrugging his shoulders. "What can I say, I don't drink too often and when I do I like to enjoy myself..especially on my buddy's 18th." Spencer said the 18th part quietly. "Can I see some ID?" Aaron asked as he set the 6 shots down infront of them..Spencer's face twisting in confusion "What?" Spencer said. "Come on guys give me something, I gotta cover my ass" Aaron uttered through his closed teeth. Troy clearing his throat as he reached into his wallet, handing him the fake ID, Spencer did the same. Aaron hummed softly as he checked the ID's pretending that he didn't know that they were both underage. "Okay, you're good. Enjoy" Aaron said simply as he handed them back, flashing them each a smile. "Thank you, Aaron" Spencer stated as he put his ID back, Troy tucking his ID back into his wallet and then sliding it into his back pocket. Aaron nodding and walking off to serve other customers at the bar. "I like Aaron" Troy said with a chuckle..Spencer nodding. "Yeah, everybody likes Aaron. Aaron is the best" Spencer said before picking up a shot..Troy taking a deep breath and groaning softly when he exhaled, picking up a shot. "What's wrong buddy..you scared?" Spencer teased, Troy smiled and scoffed under his breath "Shut up, you sound like lyric" Troy stated, Spencer chuckling as Spencer and Troy clinked their shot glasses together, downing them in sync.