Chapter 7, Love

"It's been over a month since I met lyric and I'm really enjoying our time together, even though it has only been a few weeks, i really like her. I feel like I've possibly made a life long friend, we share all of the same interests and get along so well, so its hard not to think that way right?"

Chapter 7, Love

Troy and Gabriel were on their way back from the park, they had just hung out with lyric and ella for a couple hours, Gabriel was still hyper and happy so he was in the backseat, kicking his feet back and forth as he jammed out to whatever was playing on the radio. Troy was spaced out, he had his elbow propped up against the window and his head in his hand. "Uhh, Troy? You just drove past home" Gabriel snapped him out of it..Troy slowed down and snapped his head around to see their house in the near distance. "Shit..sorry." He uttered and looked in the rear view, making sure nobody was coming up behind him before he shifted into reverse and began reversing back towards their house. "What's wrong?" Gabriel asked softly, Troy shaking his head. "Nothing, I'm okay Gabe. I was just spacing" Troy reassured as he shifted back into drive and pulled into their driveway. He parked the car and turned it off, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car. Gabriel did the same..bringing his notebook and colored pencils with him. Troy locked the car up and they walked up to the house. Troy held the door open for Gabriel and Gabriel bowed as he walked through the doorway, Their mom turned to look at them to see who was coming in and laughed. "You guys have fun?" She asked as she finished off a beer, tossing it into the trash can across the room which she silently celebrated when she made it. Gabriel nodded in response, "So much fun! I love Ella! And troy looovveess lyric" Gabriel teased, making kissy noises at Troy. Their mom laughed, harder than she should have. "Gabriel if you don't shut up" Troy threatened him, smacking his shoulder. "Ow!" "Hey, Be nice to your brother! He's just stating the obvious" She said as she took the pan off of the stove.. turning the burner off. Gabriel snickering. "You guys are both assholes." Troy grumbled under his breath, hanging his car keys up on the hook beside the door. "What's an asshole?" Gabriel asked as he set his stuff down on the coffee table. Troys eyes widened as he looked at Gabriel, Jill just laughed, really hard. "Well uhm.." Jill began, fighting back a smile as she took out the toppings for the tacos she was making, "Something you can't say yet" Troy said as he shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders, Jill pointed her finger at Troy briefly "Yep, that." Jill agreed. Gabriel hummed as he thought, "Okay." He said simply and he kneeled in-front of the coffee table..working on a drawing that he had started at the park. Troy hung up his jacket, their mom turning to look at him. "You eating?" She asked as she took the plates out..Troy shaking his head.
"Not hungry" Troy said simply, She hummed briefly and studied him for a moment, letting out a sigh when she failed to read him, "Okay..Well there will be plenty left over if you want some later" She said softly, Troy nodding as he made his way over to the couch and sat down. "Okay its ready..come make your Tacos, Gabe" Jill motioned him over. Gabriel dropped his colored pencil to the table and rushed over, Jill ruffling his hair when he walked to her

(1 hour later) Jill sat down on the couch beside Troy who was spaced out, staring at the TV. She stared at him in silence for a moment, studying his expression once again, He was picking at the corner of his finger nail and nibbling at the inside of his cheek. She hummed before speaking up, "It's that lyric girl isn't it?" Troy snapped out of it and looked over at her, utterly confused. "What?" He said softly. "Why you seem so off, she's in your head, lyric." Jill said, settling into the couch beside him. He stared at her in silence, trying to figure out if he wanted to be honest about it or lie, Jill raised an eyebrow, expecting a response. Troy gave up and nodded..turning himself towards her. "Yeah.." Troy began, "See the thing is..I really do like her, mom..But she has a boyfriend..Alexander fucking Miller" Troy uttered. "So?" Jill stated, Troy scoffed, a smile trying to fight its way out "Mom" He said in disbelief..Jill laughing. "Oh come on. You guys are still teenagers! Having a boyfriend doesn't mean anything..Fuck her boyfriend. Especially because it's alexander.. fucking..miller." She stated. Troy chuckled, sitting back a little..His smile slightly faded and Jill remembered the conversation they were having. "Anyways..so you're friend zoned and it's stressing you out?" She inquired..Troy shaking his head. "I don't even think it's that. Because I'm fine when I'm with her..but when she leaves it feels like.." Troy went quiet, trying think of the right word, he realized how corny it sounded and waved it off. "Never mind..it sounds stupid" He uttered. "No no. Come on Troy..I'm not gonna judge you. You can talk to me." Jill said softly..Troy staring in silence for a moment before nodding and taking in a deep breath.

"I feel.." Troy tried to think once again, his eyes wandering the room momentarily. "Not happy." He admitted as his eyes returned to his mom's "I can't get her off of my mind when I'm not around her..even when I'm with her I can't stop thinking about her..But at-least I'm at ease when she's there, I'm not when she isn't." Troy admitted. an embarrassed look on his face. Jill stared at him in silence for a moment, a smile fighting it's way from her. "It sounds like your in love." She said softly..Troys eyes widened and absolute disbelief began making its way into every inch of his expression. "No way" Troy stated..Jill nodding, "Yes way." She said. "Mom I've only known her for like a month" Troy said, shaking his head. "If it's the right person it doesn't take long to fall in love..I fell in love with your father the day I met him, and then we married after 4 months." "And look at what happened.." He uttered..making Jill gasp and swat his shoulder. Troy cleared his throat and flashed her a forgiving smile. "Sorry mom" He said softly through a chuckle..Jill smiling and rolling her eyes.
"How come she won't let you guys be more than friends?" She continued their conversation, Troy hesitated for a moment. "Well, She uhm.." He began, silent for a moment to try to put his words together. "Shes 18..will be 19 this year."  "So?" "She may or may not have a criminal record. Plus it's technically illegal for us to be doing anything considering I'm 17." Troy stated, Jill finally put it together and couldn't control a gasp that erupted from her "That Sterling girl..Thats your lyric??" Jill said in disbelief..Troy nodded, seeming confused.

"You know her?" He questioned..Jill chuckling.
"I think I actually did a job with her once.." She uttered..Troy staring at her in silence for a few seconds, "What kind of..job?" Troy asked unsurely. Jill flashing him a smile. "It's not important..You know that girl is pure trouble, right?" She inquired. Troy chuckled, nodding. "Yeah..She's warned me. I don't mind it though..I think it's actually kind of sexy" Troy admitted, Jill laughing. "Jesus, You sound just like your father.." She muttered with a smile, shaking her head. She made Troy smile. "She said she didn't want to risk going back to jail just so she could do..things, with me, It's because she just got her daughter back and she doesn't want to lose her agai-" Jill interrupted.
"Woah woah! Daughter?" She exclaimed quietly considering Gabriel was asleep in the next room. "Yeah. I mean biologically it's her sister. But she raised her and just recently adopted her, actually." Troy said softly,
"Her daughter is Gabriel's best friend..Ella? Blue eyes, long curly black hair.." Troy trailed off to let her put it together, Jill gasping when she did. "Ohh! The little girl that's been coming over here since like preschool??" She asked softly..Troy nodding. "How convenient" Jill said with a chuckle..Troy laughing. "Yeah.." He whispered. "I love that damn kid" He admitted.

"It sounds like you love her mother" Jill reminded him..Troy sucking in a deep breath and nodding. "Yeah..I'm falling for trouble, mom" He breathed out. "You want my advice?" She asked..Troy simply nodding. "Wait it out until you're 18. Maybe Mr. Boyfriend will be gone by then and you can shoot your shot." Jill said, poking his chest.. Troy smiling. "Well I don't plan on going anywhere else so.." Troy murmured, Jill smiling as she gazed at him. "My little boy is in love" Jill whispered, Troy laughed. "I've never been in love before..so I don't exactly know if whatever this is, is actually love." Troy said softly. "Trust me, You love her."