Chapter 6, The mother

Her mind was racing a million miles an hour, her heart hammering out of her chest as her eyes wandered for a moment..Troy was still staring at her in confusion. Lyric worked up the courage and slowly, and hesitantly looked over her shoulder. Troy doing the same. He actually took in the woman's appearance this time..she was a short, dirty blonde long haired, white woman with hazel green eyes, a similar body type to Lyrics, a tattoo on her forearm that he couldn't make out because of the large space between them, early 30's.  Lyric took a deep breath again and stared up at her, fluttering her eyes to blink away any tears that had formed. "How did you find me" Lyric whispered. She sounded completely terrified. Troy looking at lyric and then the lady. "It was pretty easy baby..You shouldn't have taken my last name." She said softly..Lyric shakily inhaling a deep breath. "I couldn't just keep my name, Candice..they would've found me so quickly." Lyric uttered. Baby?? MY Last name?? Shit..This is the mother, isn't it? Troy was snapped out of his thoughts by lyric who grabbed his hand and pulled him up with her as she stood up. "It was good catching up, But we need to get goi-" Lyric was interrupted. "Addison..Please. Just at least give me a chance to explain." Candice pleaded as she gazed at her..Lyric scoffing in disbelief. "Explain?.." She uttered. Addison?? Troy thought..his eyes flickering to lyric. "EXPLAIN?!" Lyric raised her voice, tears swelling in her eyes. Troy flinched at the sudden loudness. "Oh you mean explain how you got me kidnapped and used as a test dummy for a bunch of rich, fucked up scientists?!" Lyric yelled, Candice was silent. Troys mouth dropped open and he stared. "Or do you mean the part where you let me sit in an adoption center for a year?" She questioned in an irritated tone..Candice opening her mouth to speak but stopping because Lyric held up her hand. "Actually, I don't need your fucking explanations or apologies. None of that will ever help me forgive you because there isn't any forgiving..There's only hatred. Because that's is all I feel for you anymore, Candice." Lyric paused to take a breath "Hatred." She breathed out. Tears blurred Candice's vision as she shook her head..clutching her hand over her chest. "You don't mean that, Addison.." Candice hardly whispered..Troy looking back and forth at the two. "And stop calling me that! My name is Lyric." Lyric raised her voice with an emotional tone in it..tears now streaming down her face. "I want you to come back with me..I'll explain everything" Candice said softly. It was silent for a few seconds while she stared at her..scoffing under her breath. "Fuck no." She barely uttered. "Ad-" Candice stopped herself, sighing. "Lyric..I just want you back home" Candice continued, "Please" She pleaded quietly. "I can't be around the gang and the people..I can't.." Lyric hesitated "I'll relapse." She hardly croaked. "I can't get into that shit again, I have a daughter who needs me." Lyric sounded emotional, Troys eyes widened slightly. Relapse?? What the fuck..do I even know this girl? "You won't have to have anything to do with the gang..fuck lyric I'll even quit it if that's what will bring you back" Candice admitted. "They'll find me." Lyric stated with a scared tone in her voice, although she hid it well Candice still heard it and so did Troy. Candice shook her head. "I wont let them find you lyric.." Candice said, taking a step towards her. "I'm clean now baby, i can protect you like a mother is supposed to" Candice stopped, hesitating to say this because she saw lyric had began crying. "Like I was supposed to that night." Candice whispered, Lyric had started sobbing at this point, shaking her head. "Mom stop" Lyric begged. "Please stop.." Lyric barely whispered as her eyes fell closed. Troys look softened when he looked at Lyric, who was brutally sobbing, even though it made sense because he had only known her for a little time..he had never seen her like this. He carefully moved his arm to her waist, making sure it was okay to touch her right now before he pulled her into his arms. Lyric completely broke down in his arms, clinging onto him. It shocked Troy how vulnerable she had gotten with him, holding her tighter. "It's okay" Troy whispered reassuringly as he set his head against hers. Troy looked at Candice hesitantly before pressing a kiss into Lyrics hair, Candice looked guilty as hell but he didn't know whether or not to care. If lyric was this cruel towards her own mother..she had to have done some fucked up things. Candice held back tears, shaking her head. "I'm sorry baby..I-I didn't come here to hurt you more. I just wanted you to know that I tried to find you, I did I swear..I-" Lyric interrupted Candice. "Just please leave..They very well could have followed you here. You know what they're capable of." Lyric stated..wiping away her tears as she tried not to cry anymore. Candice went to go speak but lyric interrupted again. "Listen when I say this please because I'm only gonna say it once." Lyric began..Candice nodding softly.