Chapter 22, Oh baby

ORIGINAL PUBLISH DATE: FEBRUARY 2nd, 2022.

Chapter 22, Oh baby

(Lyrics POV, later) Lyric sat in her office with one of the assassins who works for her, Silvia, "Mm..How would you feel about going to Canada next? There's a group of people I'd like you to take care of." Lyric asked Silvia, her eyes still glued to her computer though. Silvia nodded in response, she was sitting on the edge of lyrics desk, watching her work "Whatever works for you boss, but could I possibly be paired with William instead of Zacharia? I know we work best but I don't know if I can handle another week of his smothering cigarette smoke and snark" Silvia replied, making Lyric chuckle "Yeah, sure silv..Let me see how William feels about that" Lyric replied simply, pulling up a map with a handful of red dots spread across them. She glanced around at every single one of the trackers on her assassins. Lyric zoomed in on Asher and Salandra. "Mm..Still in Chicago" Lyric murmured to herself. Silvia was quiet, just admiring her at work. Lyric got a weird expression on her face, making her stop everything she was doing "Oh god" She muttered to herself, setting her hand over her mouth, Silvia now looked concerned "Are you alright boss?" Silvia asked. Lyric shook her head, pushing herself up and out of her chair "I think I'm going to be sick" Lyric murmured, still covering her mouth as she rushed over to the bathroom that was attached to her office. She slammed the door shut behind her and made it to the toilet just in time to throw up.

Silvia heard and immediately stood, she rushed into the bathroom after her and quickly gathered all of her hair, holding it back. Silvia set a hand on lyrics shoulder as she continued retching. Lyric gasped for air momentarily and gagged once more but nothing came out after..She gasped for air once again and sat back, wiping her mouth, in disgust. Silvia peeked around her "Feel better?" Silvia inquired, seeming worried. Lyric nodded, every ounce of air escaping her lungs in relief it was over. "What the hell is going on with me" Lyric murmured.. Silvia watched her cautiously for a moment before her eyes filled with realization. "Lyric.." Silvia said soft, catching Lyrics attention, "What?" Lyric inquired, her eyes scanning over Silvia's tightened expression. "How long has whatever this is, been going on?" "Uhm..Well I've been pretty nauseous on and off for about a week..But I've felt kind of off for about 2..." Lyrics words trailed off when she realized the direction Silvia's questions were going in, lyric laughed. "No, Silv, There's no possible way I'm pregnant. Every doctor I've gone to has said I have the slimmest chance of getting pregnant. I'm sure it's just a stomach bug."  "For 2 weeks? No, Ly...Even if it is a very small chance, it's still a chance. You need to take a test, just to be sure." "If i take one while you drop it?" Lyric questioned, Silvia nodded. "Fine, I'll go buy one, but I'm not pregnant Silv."

-Time Skip, 7:38 pm- Troy pushed open the front door and entered the house, he shut and locked the door, kicking off his shoes and hanging up his keys. When he turned around and let out a relaxed sigh, just grateful to be home, he saw lyric sitting in front of the fire, she was staring at the flames. Troy couldn't help but smile and made his way over to her, taking his seat on the floor beside her. "Hey..how was the rest of your day?" He asked softly as he leaned towards her..placing a soft kiss on her bare shoulder considering she was in a tank top. Lyric sucked in a quick breath of air..her eyes wandering around the fireplace for a moment because she was trying to force herself to say it. He looked up at her and leaned back, a confused look on his face as he waited for her to say something. Troy stared at her in silence for a moment because he realized something wasn't right, his face falling into worry. "Lyric?" Troy said soft, cautiously watching her, "What's wrong? Is this about Valentina?" He murmured..Lyric shaking her head. "What's going on then-"  "I'm pregnant" Lyric was barely able to whisper. Troys face slowly fell into..well nothing, at this point. His lips parted to reply but he was silent, He was lost for words. But who wouldn't be? Those can be the most terrifying words on the planet depending on your situation. After she got nothing but silence for a few seconds she reluctantly looked over at him, tears in her puffy eyes. "Is it.." Troy began, taking a second to think. "Is it mine?.." He whispered, Lyric nodded and his posture deflated, rubbing his hand over his face. She looked like she was going to cry, again. "I don't even know how it's possible Troy..I'm on birth control and I have like a.." She paused, her face twisting just at the thought. "8% chance of getting pregnant" She croaked quietly, flashbacks were hitting her about why she does have such a low chance. Troy nodded softly, eyes now glued to the fire.

Lyric stayed silent for a moment, unsure of what to say, until a terrifying thought occurred, not even hesitating to say it "Are you going to leave?" She murmured, her eyes flickering down to her fidgeting hands, Troy immediately looked at her, eyes wide. "Lyric.." Troy began softly, "No. No I am not leaving" He whispered as he took her hand in his. Lyric nodded, shakily exhaling. "What are you going to do?" Troy whispered, Lyric quiet for a moment before shrugging her shoulders lightly. "What do you want me to do?" Lyric whispered back, Troy shaking his head "Hey..no. It's not up to me lyric. I-It is your body, and it is your choice." Troy stated, "Yes, it is my body, but this affects both of us, for the next 18 years, and parenthood doesn't even stop at that..This has to be a decision we come to together because this will change both of our lives, drastically" Lyric said softly, Troy sighing and nodding, he was silent, giving it some thought. "Well.. What's your view on it?" Troy whispered. "Uhm.." She began softly, thinking for a few seconds "Well, I wasn't supposed to be a mom, I was forced to." She began again, Troy nodding to indicate that he was listening. "I'm a criminal, a heroin addict and an alcoholic. I shouldn't have even raised Ella but I had to..But I did always want a kid of my own, and I did okay raising Ella." Lyric said, her gaze shifting to meet troys "But we're so young..and we are hardly into this relationship, Troy..I know we have known each other for what feels like forever but in reality it's only been 9 months..do we really want to do something that would force us to stick together? We don't even know if this relationship itself will work out in the end..no matter how badly we want it to"

"Even though we are young and I get why you would say that because we really haven't actually known each-other that long but..I think I'd love to have this kid. I practically raised Gabriel and I did okay, and I always wanted a big family as a kid, because mine was so..small..and hectic, the remaining family I did have pretty much hated each other. So I always dreamed that when I grew up I would have a family of my own..a gorgeous wife, a little girl who looks like her, a little boy who looks like me, one of those gorgeous two story houses with the white picket fences.." Troy said softly, a smile spreading across his face "And I really think that we could have that" He whispered, making Lyric unwillingly smile just at the thought. "I always did too" She admitted, He smiled bigger, and gently took her face in his hands and wiped away her tears. "Yeah?" Troy said, Lyric nodding. "Yeah" Lyric voiced delicately.  "I'm just..so scared that I'm going fuck up my kids how my mom fucked up me..I'm so scared that I..." She hesitated, swallowing "I won't be able to protect them, just like she couldn't." She croaked..Troy shook his head "Baby..No. You are nothing like your mother." He reassured. "I also completely understand why you are hesitant about this, and if you decide that you don't want to have this baby then that's okay too..okay?" Tears began to swell in her eyes again just at how he was handling this, how caring and thoughtful..nobody had ever treated her this way before. "Don't you know how much work a baby is? The constant crying, dirty diapers, sleepless nights, how much money you actually have to spend? It's a small human being, a life that would be in our hands 24/7." Lyric whispered, Troy nodding. "I know lyric, I want this..I really do" Troy insisted, Lyric nodded with a small smile on her face. She set her hand on top of his that was still resting on the side of her face. Troy gently pulled her into him as he leaned closer to her..Their lips meeting, caressing each other's mixed emotions with a simple kiss..Fear, happiness, sadness. Their lips being each other's reassurance that everything would be okay in the end.

She leaned back, putting enough space in between them to look at him. "Troy..you have to know before you're all in. I was told that even if I were to get pregnant there was a high chance of miscarrying, so it's very likely I might not carry full term." Lyric said softly, looking down. "But what if this is my only chance to have my own biological kid? Don't i at least want to take this chance?" Lyric whispered..it seemed as if that was more a question to herself than him. Troy gently threw up his shoulder in a half shrug. "Then we give it a shot..We at least try" He whispered, Lyric smiling as her eyes flickered back to his.  "Yeah?" Lyric whispered, her voice a mixture of relief and shock, Troy nodding, "Yeah" He whispered back. Lyric leaned forward and let their lips crash together..Troy kissed her back momentarily before leaning back, his hand slid around the back of her neck and he gently pulled her head into his shoulder. Lyric let her head fall against his shoulder, exhaling a deep breath into him as her arms slinked around him.