Chapter 14, i love you.

Chapter 14, I love you

The kids were now sitting on the couch with a bowl of spaghetti in hand and a piece of garlic bread, The only sound in the entire house was light chatter coming from the tv to keep the kids entertained, SpongeBob SquarePants. Troy and Lyric were sitting at the table in pretty much awkward silence. Lyric sighed softly, she was cleaning up Troys face with a rubbing alcohol pad from the first aid kit..His eyes flickered up from the table to meet hers, who was focused on his face. "How is your hand? And your head?" Troy asked softly..Lyric took a deep breath in and began nodding, holding off on eye contact "It's okay" Lyric sighed out "The ibuprofen helped with my headache" She murmured. "You should really get some ice on your-" "Jesus Troy, I'm not worried about my damn hand." Lyric snapped. The kids took a glance over at Lyric and Troy and then at each other. "You should be..you punched him pretty damn hard." Troy uttered, "I'm more worried about you because you are bleeding, and your hand is fucked up. My hand will be fine." Lyric stated. Troy sighed and looked down at the floor as Lyric started to clean a deep gash on his cheekbone that had been caused from a ring on Alexanders hand. His jaw tightened and he struggled to keep quiet "Ow, fuck" He winced out quietly. She huffed in disbelief, running her tongue over her bottom lip. "God you're an idiot." Lyric breathed out and she placed a small band aid over it, running her thumb along the edge of it. "Only for you" Troy hardly whispered.

Lyric gently took his hand in hers and wiped over the gashes and bruises on his knuckles with a fresh alcohol pad, softly blowing on it after for a moment so it would dry. Troy just sat there and watched her, trying to avert eye contact whenever she looked up at him every so often. Lyric grabbed the wrap with her free hand, She began to wrap it around his wrist and worked it up his hand, securing it into the wrap. She cut the end of it and then grabbed a roll of medical tape, pulling a good amount out and then tearing it off with her teeth. Lyric placed the tape over the end and stood up, gathering the first aid kit and the things she needed to throw away, walking to the kitchen. Troy could tell she was pissed just by the way she walked off and swayed her hips, he set his head back as he let out a sigh, tossing himself up out of his chair after a few seconds and following after her. Lyric set the first aid kit down on the counter and lifted up the lid of the trash can. She took a glance back at him as she threw the used alcohol pads and bandage wrappers away, Troy crossed his arms and just stood there watching her, carefully. After she was done throwing the stuff away Lyric grabbed the container full of spaghetti off of the counter and opened the fridge door, placing it inside the fridge. She closed the door and felt his eyes burning holes through her..she couldn't take it anymore and she huffed, turning to look at him. "You just need to-" They were interrupted by the kids walking into the kitchen with their bowls..Lyric went silent and pressed her lips into a thin line, turning towards the counter and grabbing the first aid kit. "I'm going to bed mommy" Ella said softly, setting her bowl inside the sink. "Okay baby, goodnight" Lyric said, placing the first aid kit back in the cabinet. "Goodnight Miss Lyric, goodnight Troy." Gabriel said before they began to walk towards their room. "Goodnight buddy" Troy stated, wiping the blood away from his bottom lip with his tongue, "Goodnight" Lyric shut the cabinet door. Ella followed Gabriel into their room and closed the door behind them. Lyric waited to hear the door to shut to continue their conversation, She looked back at him and sighed out an exhale. "You just need to let me handle my own shit from now on, Harvin." Lyric said quietly, gripping the edges of the kitchen counter..Troy scoffed. "I couldn't just let him get away with that shit Ly" He defended himself. "I had it handled." She stated, "He pushed you back into a wall and you got hurt, that's having it handled?" He could tell he pissed her off just by the twitch in her jaw, "Maybe if you would have given me the chance to-"  "Okay we're getting off track here..I dont want to fight, okay?" Troy began softly, Lyric crossing her arms over her chest and waiting for him to continue. "I know you can handle yourself, trust me, That's why I didn't intervene at first. But he was just going to keep coming back at you and I didn't want you to mess yourself up fighting him, plus you have no idea how much anger towards him I've had built up over the years." Troy admitted. "The anger part I get but Troy, You aren't my god damn bodyguard, if I want to fight somebody and get hurt then that is my choice." "I know I'm not your fucking bodyguard, Lyric." Troy stated, "What do you think that I did before you came along Troy? Hm?" Lyric inquired, raising her eyebrows. Troy scoffed in disbelief, running his tongue over his bottom lip once again, trying to control his frustration "I just didn't want you to end up hurt because I care. Why is that so horrible?" He questioned irritably, Lyric let out a laugh in exasperation. "Yeah but why do you care?" Lyric exclaimed, "Because we almost had sex once, Troy? Because I don't know if you know but just because you want to get in my pants doesn't mean you have to defend my honor, like some knight in shining armor." Troys jaw clenched, and he stared at her in silence for a moment. He huffed in disbelief at the fact that she could even ask that "Thats not it, Jesus Lyric" Troy said under his breath as he looked away, Lyric setting a hand on each side of his head and forcing him to look back at her. "Look at me! Why do you care?" She repeated sternly. "Because." Troy replied simply "Because wh-" He grabbed her wrists, pulling her hands down from him. "Because I fucking love you!" Troy exclaimed, holding her wrists firmly in his hands. Lyrics heart dropped, and so did her face. "The moment I saw that asshole touch you, the moment I knew you were his? I didn't realize it at the time but I was jealous, and believe me, I know that i have no right to be but fuck lyric! I can't keep lying to myself anymore, I am in love with you." Troy professed. Lyric sat there in silence for a moment but began shaking her head. "Troy-" She tried to whisper, "And I don't know if I fell in-love with you when we kissed at that party or if I've loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you because I am so fucking confused and it is maddening" He admitted in exasperation, taking a small step closer to her. "I psychically hurt when I am away from you, Lyric. I can't hardly breathe when I'm not with you, I can't stand living when I'm not with you-" "Troy.." Lyric hardly croaked "Lyric..please, I know it sounds foolish and desperate because we still hardly know each other but I can't help my mind and body feels, I love you..Listen to me when I say that."

Lyric leaned back into the counter while she stared at him, she was in total disbelief, Her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were widened. Troy had just realized what he admitted, to her and to himself..his face fell and he let go of her hands which made her arms fall back down to her sides. He finally realized that it was true..that his mom was right. He did love her. Troy walked back to meet the other counter as he set his hand over his mouth. "Oh god" Troy breathed out. He had no clue what to say to excuse what he had just said.

(Lyrics POV)

She watched him take a step back. "Oh god" She barely heard him whisper. He was touching his parted lips with his fingers like he had just said a filthy word and couldn't believe that it actually left his mouth.

Love? He loves me? Troy began shaking his head..she could tell he was hesitating to speak because his jaw twitched. I couldn't have heard all of that right. "Shit..I didn't mean-.." Troy began..his eyes wandering for a moment and then meeting hers again, He stopped speaking, she could tell that he knew by the look on her face that there was no coming back from that.
No..this has got to be a dream. We've only known each other for a couple months. Or maybe he's just confused. Lyric subtly reached up to pinch her arm. Nope, this was real. How could someone like him even love somebody so fucked up like me?? He knows what I've done, what's been done to me..why? "Lyric, say something" He pleaded quietly..his eyes flickering to her lips and then back to her eyes again. Maybe he means that he loves me in a friendly way..Oh get over yourself lyric you know what he means.

Her thoughts flooded her mind, overwhelming her. She swallowed nervously as they stared at eachother in silence..She didn't know what else to do besides try to get this straight. Her eyes fell closed, shaking her head as she opened her mouth to speak. "So you love me..that means you want me? You've always wanted me?" Her eyes opened to meet his "That kiss in the bathroom..you..did it because you were in love with me? Not just attracted to me?" Lyric whispered. "Of course..You thought that was just because you're attractive? Lyric..No. I mean of course you're beautiful but..I love every part of you, not just how gorgeous you are." Lyric shakily exhaled, trying to fight back tears. "But I can't have you..I get that" Troy breathed.

Silence.

"You don't love me..Y-You can't" Lyric whispered in disbelief. Troy sighed softly, his eyes closing briefly "You don't have to acknowledge it, Lyric..but I do..I know that I do." Troy whispered back, Lyric shaking her head. "I can't let you love me" She whispered in denial. "You don't have a choice." He stated.. Lyric huffed irritably, going to speak up before he interrupted, his eyes falling to the floor "Look, I am enraged that I can't control this, because if I could then I would take it all back..the party, the kiss, my feelings for you, my love for you, all of it. Because I don't want to love you Lyric, you're my best friend and I don't want to lose you." Troy admitted, tears flooding his eyes as they flickered from the floor to her eyes again "Just let me love you, please don't leave." He begged emotionally. Lyrics anger melted away at the sight of how torn up he was about this, her entire face softening "Troy.." She whispered, taking a step towards him and when he did he stifled a cry and looked back down at the floor. Lyric taking another step to meet him, her body only inches apart from his, She cupped his face in her hands and made him look at her, flashing him a look of reassurance "You're not going to lose me, okay? I'm still right here" She whispered slowly, her eyes searching his. "Right here." She barely whispered and leaned close to him, placing a gentle kiss against his forehead. He nodded softly and then pulled her into him, hugging her so tight she could hardly breath. She let her arms link around him and they stood there like that for minutes, holding each other in utter silence as he fought back tears just at the thought of ever losing what they have.