Chapter 12, Camping

Chapter 12, camping

Troy drove up to the campsite, parking his car next to Ryan's RV..Lyric looked up from her book, her eyes landing on Ryan who was adding wood onto the campfire he had yet to light. Lyric smiled cheekily at Troy, her feet sliding off of his dash. "Your friend is pretty cute" She said simply, Troy groaning as he got out of the car. "Lyric.." He stated, walking around the car to the trunk. Lyric got out and flashed him a smile "Troy" Lyric replied innocently before turning and walking towards Ryan. Ryan looked up from the campfire briefly to look at who was approaching, and then looking again, staring this time. "Hi" Lyric began with a smile. "Lyric" She introduced herself, extending her hand out to him..He rose up, scanning her outfit as he dusted the tree bark dust off of his hands onto his jeans. "Ryan. I've heard lots about you, Lyric" Ryan said, taking her hand and shaking it. Lyric chuckled. "Really? Because I have heard nothing about you, or maybe I just didn't care enough to listen" Lyric said simply, still shaking his hand. "Shit" Ryan said through a laugh. "Okay, you're mean. But I do kind of like it though" Ryan flirted, making her smile. She still had a smile on her face when she let go of his hand and went to walk away. "Hey you're 18, right?" He asked, making her stop. Lyric turned back to him and nodded..Ryan clearing his throat before he spoke up "Well I'm 20..so if you'd want to hang out some time.." Ryan left it at that, letting lyric assume the rest. She scanned his appearance slowly and looked back up at him, Lyric nodded as she looked down at his lips and then his eyes..flashing him a flirtatious smile before walking away. Ryan watched her walked away, chuckling under his breath. "Whew.." He breathed out.

(Troys POV) Troy watched her walk over to him..he hadn't even picked up a bag yet, he stared at the interaction. Jealousy? 100%. Troy cleared his throat and grabbed a couple of bags, they had bought drinks and snacks on the way for their camper. "He seems interested in me..I think I'm going to bite" Lyric whispered as she grabbed the other bags he couldn't carry.
Troy humming. "Mm..what about Mr. Boyfriend?" Troy uttered, shutting the trunk.
"We are definitely breaking up, He cheated, me and you kissed, apparently me kissing somebody was worse than him fucking some other girl..but just in case we aren't breaking up I'm cheating back because yolo." Lyric stated as they began to walk to their camper. Troy stifled a laugh, but he was boiling inside. Fucking Alexander. But then again...no boyfriend?
He couldn't help but smile, trying to hide it. "I'll admit that it did hurt to find out about it because we've been dating for so long now, it was with one of the sluttiest girls in town too. But this did open my eyes a little, to things that i want, so I'm grateful as well" Lyric admitted, Troy nodding. "I get it" Troy said, opening the RV door for her. "Thank you, sir" Lyric curtsied, stepping inside of the RV. "Of course, my lady" Troy said in a horrible foreign accent, following her inside. "Please don't do that again" Lyric said through as chuckle as she opened the fridge, placing the drinks they bought inside. "Yes ma'am" Troy said with a smile as he put the snacks away, his eyes landing on the bed. "There's only one bed" Troy said, shutting the cupboard. "So?" Lyric questioned. "This is how 'enemies to lovers' happen." Troy replied, making lyric chuckle. "We aren't enemy's" Lyric stated. "If I pretend that I hate you, will you kiss me again?" Troy asked ever so simply. Lyric laughed, hard. "No" "Shit" He murmured in defeat with a frown.

(That night, 1 am)

"Shit I am wasted" Lyric said slowly, staring ahead at the fire with her lips parted and her eyes slightly squinted. "Me too" Troy said..he was leaned back in his chair, staring up at the stars. "Me three" Ryan slurred as he raised his hand up. "Time to turn in" Troy said as he sat up..Lyric shaking her head no as she stared at the fire still. "What?" Troy asked with a chuckle.. "If I stand up I'm probably going to puke" Lyric uttered simply. Ryan chuckling, her response made Troy laugh. "Okay. I can help you stand up princess" Troy said playfully as he stood up and walked over to her, offering her both of his hands. Lyric groaned softly and kind of sat up, grabbing his hands. He pulled her up, Lyric almost going down the second he pulled her up. "Shit-" He said, pulling her back up. "Okay." Troy whispered to himself, his arms slinking around her waist. "I think I'm going to sleep rightttt here" Ryan said softly and resituated in his lawn chair, his eyes closing. "You have fun with that" Troy said as he helped lyric walk to their camper. He opened the door and helped her in..Lyrics eyes widening slightly. "I think I have to puke." Lyric admitted..Troys eyes widening as-well. Lyric quickly stumbled into the small bathroom and fell down to her knees in-front of the toilet, puking as soon as she made it to the toilet. Troy went in after her and rounded her hair up, holding it back out of the line of fire. He almost gagged listening to her throw up, setting his free hand on her back and rubbing it. "There There.." Troy said in a strained voice, trying not to throw up.

-After she brushed her teeth, and ate some bread to sober her up a little-

Lyric came out of the bathroom, she was in a large T shirt that went halfway down her thighs and some underwear. She stood in the doorway for a moment and watched Troy, thinking he was asleep, his back was facing her, shirtless and asleep..his breathing soft. Lyric walked over and quietly crawled into bed, She slowly covered her legs up and fixed her pillow, laying her head down. Lyric was facing the wall, about to close her eyes when she felt him resituate.
"Hey..feel better?" Troy whispered, making Lyric immediately roll over to look at him. He was laying on his side so he could look at her, She sighed softly as she gazed at him, nodding. "Good.." Troy hardly whispered so he said it again "Good" Troy stated softly. They sat there and looked at each other silence for at least 30 seconds, just admiring each other's presence. He wanted to reach out and touch her so badly, anywhere, everywhere, if he was being honest with himself..he looked down at her lips, staring for a moment, he wanted to touch her lips too. That sounds weird, never mind. "I'm sorry" She whispered, Troy immediately looking back up at her eyes. "For what?" He whispered back..Lyric sighing softly. "For getting so drunk..I just wanted to forget him for a while ya know? Because that's the only time I can stop thinking about him. Is when I can't think at all..and I'm also sorry you had to deal with me throwing up." She said quietly..Troy shook his head, now he had the opportunity to touch her, he reached out and he set his hand on her arm, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know lyric..I understand. But I'm not upset or mad so there's no reason to apologize to me" Troy reassured her. Lyric nodded, tears forming in her eyes, He noticed and frowned, wrapping his arm all the way around her and pulling her into him. She set her head against his chest while she stared at a painting on the wall to distract herself, She didn't want to cry period let alone cry on him. "How could he do this to me so.." Lyric took a brief pause to gather her thoughts. "So easily?" Lyric whispered..Troy sighing. "He's an asshole lyric. He cheated on my sister after they were together for 5 years..history was bound to repeat itself." Troy replied in the most delicate way possible. Lyrics leg wrapped around his, encaging his lower half with her own "Yeah" Lyric whispered, tucking the top of her head under his chin.

Silence for a minute.

"I should probably break up with him huh?" Lyric asked softly, staring at the wall. "Yeah, you should" Troy replied. "Not until I cheat back though..give the cunt a taste of his own medicine" Lyric uttered. Troy smiled as he shut his eyes. "I love the way you think" Troy whispered, feeling her breathing soften when her eyes fell closed. "I love everything about you" He hardly murmured under his breath, "Hm?" She hummed softly, wrapping her arm around him tighter. "Nothing ly...go to sleep" Troy whispered and Lyric nodded, settling into him.