chapter twelve

The next morning..

Ezekiel texted me.

Ezekiel: Sorry we haven't talked recently. I've been busy with Kayla, ya know? Wanna hangout today?

Me: I have to go to Ruby's house and then we are going to meet up with everyone else. You can meet me at Ruby's house if you want.

Ezekiel: See you there..

I went to Ruby's house and we talked to Amber for awhile because apparently Ruby wasn't allowed to leave the house. I heard a knock on the door and it was Ezekiel. I let him in and we ended up leaving. We walked past my house. My brother tried talking to us but we kept walking until he yelled at us. We turned to him and walked up. Ruby and Oscar started arguing. Ezekiel and I stayed back.

"I shouldn't be here" I whispered to Ezekiel.

"This is your house though.." He whispered back confused.

"Oscar kicked Cesar and I out last night." I whispered, swallowing sharply as the memory played back in my head.

Ruby went off on Oscar and The Santos were staring at them. They kept staring at Ezekiel and I too. Mainly me.

"Ay! Aren't you the chick Oscar kicked out last night?" One of them yelled.

"Ezekiel please let's go" I whispered. They walked up to me and surrounded me. They started barking. Ezekiel grabbed my hand and took me out on the street. Ruby followed us.

"I'm his sister" I said with a straight face.

"I'm sorry, Jayde. I shouldn't have kicked you out." Oscar said walking up to me.

"Don't. You called me a bitch last night. You really called your own sister a bitch and then kicked her out all because she was standing up for her brother who also got kicked out. AND YOU WANNA STAND HERE AND APOLOGIZE TO ME?! THATS SOME BULLSHIT." I said backing away from him.

"I can't Oscar" I said walking away.

Ruby ended up spending the day with Oscar. Ezekiel and I went to his house. We walked inside and some of the guys licked their lips.

"This Kayla?" One of the guys asked.

"Nah, this is Jayde. Kayla is my girlfriend." Ezekiel said.

Later that night..

I got a call from Jamal.

"You might want to come over"

I hung up and went to Jamal's house. I walked in to see coach, Jamal's parents and Jamal sitting at the table. Shit. There was no chairs left so Jamal shared with me. They started telling us about the football field. He told us that we have to work to pay for the football field to get fixed. I stayed the night at Jamal's house.