chapter twenty-six

The next day we were at Ruby's house. Jamal was showing us how he thinks this guy is Little Ricky.

We got to the shoot that they were filming on.

"We can't all we wandering around. So stay put." Jamal said.

"And do what?" Cesar asked.

"What that girl did. Be clueless. Jayde!" Jamal said grabbing my hand and taking me with him.

"Where can we find Father Goose?" Jamal asked some lady.

"And you are?" She asked us.

"Who are you?" Jamal and I both asked.

"I'm his assistant" She said popping a hip and smiling.

"We're-" Jamal said as we both turned around and ran. Jamal opened a door for me and we both went inside. We looked over hearing a loud voice.

"You better have my Red Bull" The girl in the Lunch Money video said.

"O M F G" Jamal said.

"Emphasis on the f" Jamal said again.

"Yo, huge fan" Jamal said.

"Don't care. Where's my bull, bitch?" She said putting her phone down.

"I don't know" Jamal and I both said.

"Then why are you guys even breathing my air? I'm calling security." She said.

"No, no, no, no" Jamal said as she turned around in her chair.

"We belong here. I'm Swaggy J and she's Cool J. Yeah. We have the biggest song on TikTok. If I. You haven't heard it? Cookie! Cookie! Cookie! Yeah! Father Goose invited us to freshen up this dusty ass trap." Jamal said.

"You mean add a splash of color to the video? Diversity height? Do you even know the dance of affirmative action?" She said as Jamal and I both laughed.

"Bitch! We're rappers. We don't dance." Jamal said.

"Bitch! You guys do now." She said standing up.

"I'm gonna have Father Goose make you guys."

"Fine!" Jamal and I both said.

"Make him make us, you little cultural appropriator. I dare you." Jamal said.

"Dare me? What are you a kid?"

"I double dog dare you"

"So much trouble and I'm hungry"

"You're kind of a dickbag-"

"Girl, you got that right" I interrupted.

"And I like it. How long have you known him?" She asked me.

"Since kindergarten, been friends kindergarten-7th grade, dated 8th-9th grade and been best friend ever since then. Yes, he's a big dickbag." I said as she smiled. We followed her to the food. Some guy got us chairs but spelled "Swaggy J" wrong.

Time skip to about 10 minutes later..

Jamal and I started dancing as well as everyone else. We found out Father Goose doesn't speak Spanish. It's not Lil Ricky. Shit. We all ran out. Jamal was on the verge of tears.

"Jamal" I said hugging him.

Later on..

We showed up at Rose's house to confront her. She let us all in and we sat down. We talked to Rose and realized something. If Lil Ricky gets found he's just gonna get killed right away..