chapter fourteen

Two months later..

Ezekiel hasn't talked to me as much because he's been with Kayla.

On throughout the day..

I was walking around campus when I heard..

"DIAZ!" I turned to see coach. I walked up to him.

"What?"

"Where's Jamal? I need you two."

"He's with Cesar by the bleachers, why?" I said crossing my arms.

"Good! Let's go." We went over by the bleachers and got Jamal.

That night..

We were in coaches office because we had to work at the dance tonight. Jamal was wearing a suit while I wore a black dress. He was telling us what we had to take care of. Once the dance started we were dancing and having fun. Jasmine and Ruby did their dance and they won. After they danced the song that Olivia died to came on. We went outside to make sure he was okay. Jasmine then decided to take care of him. I saw Monse and Cesar fighting in the hallway. Monse is leaving town. Cesar starting crying. I walked up to him and hugged him.

"Okay go to Jamals and get some rest." I said pulling away from the hug.

"I feel like I should appreciate you more, Jayde. You're my sister and I feel like we don't even talk. I wish we were closer." He said crying even more.

"And we have our whole lives to get closer. Now go get some rest." I said to Cesar as he left.

I went home and The Santos were sitting outside. I was crying because of what Cesar just said. Cesar doesn't like to share his feelings or open up to me so this is something different. I walked up to the house.

"You okay?" Joker asked me as I wiped tears from my eyes.

"It's been a rough 2 years" I said walking to my bedroom.