Prologue

Story: The Warrior Princess
Prologue: The Prophecy
Author: @marina_swampert
Marina

⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕

Long time ago, there was a kingdom by name, Kneazleland, which was ably ruled by the Kimball family for generations.They had earned high reputation among the citizens of Kneazleland for their bravery, valour and friendliness. The neighbouring kingdoms of this majestic country maintained peace with the Kimballs fearing Kneazleland's strong army. The neighbouring kingdom of Lavery Kingdom ruled by the Darffersons, had close relations with Kneazleland.

Near this kingdom a prophetess by name Mystrelia lived, who hardly spoke a word. Mystrelia lived with her assistant Laura on top of the Dewdrop hill. It was during King Hugo Kimball's rule when a 108 year old prophetess made her first and last prophecy.

It was a cold, foggy day on top of the Dewdrop hill. The prophetess lived in a small cavern. Her assistant, Laura hoped to hear something from her mistress. It was almost a decade since Laura joined her service, yet she had not heard a single word come out from her mistress' mouth. Laura was not the kind of a person who would easily give up. She wished to hear something from the prophetess before she crossed her life line. Her wish came true that very day.

Laura was setting up the table outside The Cavern for breakfast when she suddenly heard a hoarse voice coming from inside. She ran inside to find her mistress floating above the ground with her eyes closed.

"The heiress of the warrior chief arrives,
Born after seven generations,
She will be able to retrieve the magical sword
and slay the chief lord;
When war and heart break,
Her kingdom is at stake."

Laura was taken aback by the mixed emotions of joy and surprise. Her blonde hair stood on end as she tried to make out what was going on. Mystrelia opened her eyes and said,
"Make haste, Laura.
Tell his highness about 'tis.
Be back soon as you may not get to see me."

With a small nod, Laura ran through the woods, passed the stream near the apex of the mountain and reached the palace of Hugo Kimball. She stood near the castle gates, facing the guards. "I-I have something to tell...to H-His Majesty...Le-Let me---in!" Laura exclaimed to the guards, trying to catch her breath. The guards were about to send her away when a maiden with long blackish brown locks walked by. "Miss Auckleberry! I have to talk to His Majesty! It is important! Madame Mystrelia prophesized the future of this kingdom! It is an emergency! It-it is bad! Please!"

"Come on in then! Guards, step aside and way to enter the gates of the royal palace!" said the woman whose name was Florina Auckleberry. The guards stepped aside and the ladies ran inside to the throne room where His Majesty was present.

"Auckleberry?" asked a voice Auckleberry turned back to see her mistress, the queen Victoire Kimball, "What's the hurry? "Victoire asked in a worried tone Auckleberry, the lady-in-waiting for the Queen was a cheerful maiden She was never seen agitated.

"Your highness! The good lady Mystrelia has predicted something! We need to let you, Good Lady and His Highness know about this!" Florina finished, a look of worry splashed across her face. Laura nodded silently. "Come along," said the Queen, leading the way to the throne room.

Laura looked around the empty halls of the huge castle as they passed by the armours room. "Here we are," said Florina in a slight whisper. The Queen pushed open the doors and went inside followed by the two ladies.

"Ah! My Sweet queen, Victoire? What pleasure do I owe?" asked the manly voice of the King, the Supreme ruler of Kneazleland, King Hugo Kimball.

"This kind lady here," said the queen pointing towards Laura, "brings us the news about the good lady, Mystrelia's predictions," finished the Queen.

"What may that be?" questioned Hugo.

"Your Majesty, a good day to you. Do you mind if I recite the prophecy to thou? I did not quite understand the meaning..." asked Laura, with a fearful look.

"How now, go ahead Miss." King Hugo was not the pride filled King. He did not like it when people feared him. Seeing Laura's fear, he adopted a kind voice to let her ease around the new atmosphere.

Laura recited the prophecy, making sure she said it right. As she finished, she saw the room filled with surprised faces. "The the magic-magical Sword?!" stuttered the king.

"I still don't understand a lot of things.." Florina said.

"I did," the queen told.

"Care to explain my sweet queen?" the king asked.

"T-This is going to be very important for our kingdom... Our kingdom is in the hands of our next female successor. I-I think she'll be born after seven generations. She might be the one to save our kingdom...."

"Good Lord! We have to make a note of this so as to pass it down to our successors! Make haste Florina! Bring parchment!" Hugo ordered.

"Yes, your highness!" saying so, Florina left to get some parchment. King Hugo sank into his chair and held his hands on his head.

"I cannot understand... How can a Kimball be disloyal?" Will he, the Supreme one, not have a female successor for seven generations to come? Hugo's mind was racing with such thoughts when Florina came running in.

"Should I note it down your highness? "she asked.

"Yes. Miss Laura, please," pleaded the king.

"Yes Sir." Laura repeated the prophecy for the thousandth time. She had been recollecting it, since she left the cavern mentally.

"Done!" Florina cried. She looked tired.

"Go and get some rest," the queen said gently. "And Miss Laura, you are welcome to spend the night here."

"Thank you, kind madam" came the reply from both the ladies.

"I never expected a Kimball to be disloyal," said the king, expressionless, when the two ladies were out of earshot.

"You know the meaning of Kimball right?" asked the queen, not expecting an answer.

"It means..." King Hugo started and paused and then continued, "Warrior Chief."

"Then, our successor, whoever the lady might be, will be a warrior chief," said the Queen.

"Good Luck, my little princess," said Hugo to no one in particular as he reread the piece of parchment in his hand.

⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴

The prologue ends here. Mysterious much? Hope you like where this story goes! See you in chapter one!
Until then,
Marina