~Chapter Three~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Three: What are friends for?

The day broke out soon. Sunlight filtered through the curtains in Emma's room as she fluttered her eyes open. She yawned before stretching and got off the bed. Excitement bubbled up in the young princess as she thought of how she would get to meet her best friends and spend the entire day chatting and relaxing with them. She smiled to herself as she got up to get dressed. She wore a pink chiffon gown and let her brown hair cascade behind her back. After looking at herself in the mirror, she left for a yummy breakfast.

Soon enough, Emma and Dan found themselves on a carriage to Lavery Kingdom. It was a beautiful kingdom, filled with lush greenery and enchanting flowers, courtesy of the princess, Ash Darfferson. It was about 5 kilometres away from Kneazleland. After about half an hour, Emma and Dan stood in front of the Lavery Kingdom Castle. It was a huge, magnificent stone castle which had several windows and doors. "Hey! Dan and Emma Kimball!" greeted a familiar voice.

"Hey mate!" Dan greeted back. Emma settled with a small 'Hello!'. Nixon Darfferson, walked over to the Kimball siblings and led them in. He was the same age as the elder Kimball child and had dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a slim pair of round glasses and had a bright smile on his face.

~×~

"Care for another cup of tea? " Ash Darfferson asked. The same age as Emma, Ash was a total opposite of the Kimball princess. She was extremely outgoing and feisty, contradictory to Emma, who was shy and gentle, yet the pair had a strong friendship. The four best friends, Dan, Nixon, Emma and Ash were sitting in Ash's room.

"No, thanks," replied Dan and Emma in unison. They had just had tea.

"Perhaps, we should play car-" Ash was cut off by an annoyed looking Nixon.

"What's up then?" asked Nixon.

"Emma is sad," Dan said.

"What? Why?" Nixon spluttered, looking concerned as Emma facepalmed. Dan narrated the previous day's events.

After the explanation, the sibling duo looked thoughtful. Nixon's eyes brightened suddenly. "I have a brilliant idea! If King Ronan cannot teach Emma, we can!" Nixon exclaimed.

"We?" Dan asked.

"You, Ash and Myself! Did you just forget that even we know to fence, Dan?" asked Nixon, smirking.

"Er...I may have." Dan stuttered.

"You have," Ash corrected. "But we should ask mum and dad if they are fine with it," Ash said.

"You are right sister! I'm gonna ask them now. Want to tag along?" questioned Nixon. The three teens nodded and they made their way towards the throne room.

They passed several wooden doors and finally halted in front of the throne room. Nixon knocked before pushing the huge oak doors open and walking in. There, seated on the throne were King Clinton and Queen Kiya.

"Mum? Dad? Can we have a word with you?" Ash asked. Queen Kiya smiled encouragingly. Taking this as a cue, Nixon narrated his plan.

"What?! No son! Not at all if King Ronan has refused! We have no rights over Princess Emma!" shouted King Clinton Darfferson.

"But dad-" Nixon started.

"No dear. It isn't right," concluded Queen Kiya Darfferson. Nixon knew it was virtually impossible to convince his parents, so he nodded very curtly and led his friends out. Nixon saw Emma look down as they made their way back to Ash's room.

"I expected this!" Ash said, crossing her arms.

Nixon was pacing about the room, looking thoughtful, yet again. "I have another brilliant idea!" Nixon exclaimed.

"It's alright Prince Nixon. I don't think this is worth-" Emma started only to be cut off by Nixon.

"We can practice in secret," Nixon said in a low voice.

"We can what?!" the three teens exclaimed in unison.

"Ssh! Keep your voices down! I know a friend who can provide us with grounds to practice. Come back here tomorrow," Nixon concluded. The Kimball siblings nodded, though Emma did so, very reluctantly.

"What is it, pal? Anything wrong with the plan?" Ash questioned the other girl.

"I-I do not think all this thoughts are worth for someone like me to learn...fencing...What if we get caught? What if...what if..." Emma paused, looking guilty.

"No. We would not get caught and even if we did, so what? I am ready to give up my royalty for you, sis," Dan said, placing a reassuring hand on Emma's shoulder.

"Am I worth it, brother?" Emma asked, looking up at the trio with unshed tears in her warm brown eyes.

"You are worth everything in the world, Em. Besides, what are friends for?" Nixon asked, a gentle smile on his face. Ash and Dan nodded.

"And who said girls can't fight?" Ash asked, winking.

Emma smiled. Truly was she lucky to have such great friends and a supportive brother.

Ah, the end of the third chapter. So, Emma is going to learn fencing. What are your thoughts about this chapter? I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Until next time,
Marina ❤