~Chapter Two~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Two: Piano Princess

Emma Kimball, the princess of Kneazleland was looking out of her window. It was a lovely, bright and sunny day. The birds were chirping and crooning. Emma loved to look out of the window and enjoy the beauty of nature. It was one of her hobbies besides playing piano and reading books. A chill breeze blew which made her brown locks fly dramatically. She closed her eyes, enjoying the fresh air. She was now at the young and tender age of 16.

She had just finished her piano rehearsals of the day and was in need of fresh air. Golden trophies sparkled atop book shelves. Each had the name, 'Emma Kimball' written on it. There was one particular trophy which would catch any naked eye. It was the one with a small pedestal stop which a girl was playing a piano. The words, 'Best pianist' was carved elegantly on it.

"Ah! What a beautiful day!" exclaimed princess Emma.

"That sure is, your highness," came a familiar voice from the door. Emma turned away from her window to look at her lady-in-waiting, Sylvie Scorponston.

"Sylvie! I had told you to knock before coming in!" Emma said, exasperated.

"Oh! I'm sorry, your highness. I was in a rush. The Queen wants to talk to you-" but before Sylvie was cut off by a peculiar sound of two metallic objects clashing.

"What was that?" asked Emma.

"I-I don't know mada- " Sylvie was cut off again by the same sound but this time, Emma ran out.

Emma ran across the castle grounds looking for the source of the metallic sound. She came to a halt when she saw her dad and a young lad fencing. Emma smiled to herself at how good her elder brother, Dan was at fencing and how great her dad, Ronan was at the same sport.

"Hiya!" cried King Ronan as he tackled Dan and rendered him sword-less. "That was close, son. You have definitely improved," praised Ronan as he extended his hand to help Dan. Dan was back on his feet when he noticed his little sister standing at the other end of the grounds and gazing at them in awe. He waved at her and she came over.

"Wow dad! That was brilliant!" exclaimed Emma. "Can I try once too?" asked Emma, looking at her dad with puppy dog eyes.

"Er..." stammered King Ronan. He did not want her to learn fencing but it was hard to resist her puppy dog eyes. He was about to say 'okay' when a strict voice spoke.

"No!" Queen Cynthia emerged from the bushes. A shiver ran down Ronan's neck. His wife can be super scary at times.

"Ronan! I don't believe it that you were about to say yes! Absolutely no, Emma! Go to your room, now!" shouted Cynthia. Emma was about to protest but she got cut off by her mother's glares. Dan felt bad for his sister. He could not withstand to see his little sister sad. The trio saw Emma walk dejectedly, across the grounds to her room, her head was hung low and she seemed to be crying.

"Don't tell me you forgot about you-know-what!" cried Cynthia.

"I know what?" Dan asked clueless.

"Nothing!" his parents said in unison.

"Okay. I-I'll see you er... later," said Dan wanting to escape the awkward atmosphere of code languages. Dan left for Emma's room.

"Emma? Can I come in ?" Sylvie asked.

"Go away!" Emma cried. She had locked herself in her room, not wanting anyone to see her crying.

"Prince Dan! Am I glad to see you! Your highness has locked herself in her room. I'm afraid she won't let you in. And I wanted to give her this letter. It is from the Prince of Lavery kingdom," Sylvie told Dan and handed him the letter.

"Thanks," Dan replied and pushed the door open.

"I told...go away!" Emma cried, not looking at Dan. Dan came inside and shut the doors behind him.

He slowly made his way towards the couch where Emma was seated. "Hey! Listen," Dan started, kneeling down in front of his sister. He held her hand and started rubbing her hand in order to console her. "maybe, they are worried. What if you get hurt while practicing? I can't see you hurt just being your brother. They are our parents. They'll get more worried about you," Dan finished.

"Maybe you are right. I-I acted so foolish," Emma said, ashamed.

"It's alright. By the way, Nixon has sent a letter addressed to us. Wanna read?" Dan questioned though he already knew the answer. It was no secret that his little sister fancied his best mate.

Emma smiled and nodded. Dan tore the envelope and started reading his best friend's letter.

"Whoa! Nixon is inviting us over to Lavery kingdom! He says that he is...bored and wants to play with someone else besides his...Will you keep this as a secret, Em?" Dan asked the confused princess without completing the letter.

"Uh? yeah," Emma replied.

"Annoying sister who wants to play nothing but cards," Dan concluded.

Emma could not help but laugh. Dan joined her too. Ash, Emma's best friend loves to play cards. She forces her brother, Nixon to play cards with her. This earns annoyance from him. "That was no secret!" Emma managed to say between laughs.

"I'll tell them that we'll be coming," said Dan

"Great!" exclaimed Emma. Dan smiled. He liked to see his sister happy.

Hi!
Here ends the second chapter. What do you think about it? Review!

Marina