~Chapter Ten~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Ten: The Kimballs

The next day, Emma and Dan were seated in the latter's room, reading a letter.

"Nixon says he and Ash are coming over due to yesterday's disaster. They do not want to make dad more suspicious. Mmm...He also says he will get his guitar so that I can play it and make the show of teaching him to play... He is also worried about something... seems like he has a new theory of sorts... Austin can't join us because... you know, our parents do not know him and it will be bizarre to introduce him right now..." Dan said, reading from the letter.

The previous night, Sylvie falsely reported to King Ronan that the four kids were learning to play musical instruments with Dan teaching guitar to Nixon and Emma teaching piano to Ash. King Ronan found this justifiable as he never doubted his kids' musical talents. The plan was successful and Emma's secret was once again a secret. Sylvie even offered to help the princess out. This action was warmly welcomed by the latter and Sylvie felt very happy.

Nixon and Ash had planned to visit Kneazleland so as to not rouse any suspicion in the mind of the already suspicious king. The group of four, along with Sylvie, who was guarding the borders, were seated in the garden of the large castle.

Fresh grass and colourful, blooming flowers were spread out. Nixon absolutely felt phobic at this but after a much needed convincing from his sister and Emma, he had no option to rule the place out.

With a cloth mask on, he sat on the swing beside Dan. The two princesses sat down on the grass, enjoying the scent of the flowers. Dan played his guitar while Nixon was simply holding his. Queen Cynthia was looking at the quartet from above and Dan had to put up the show. Sylvie was somewhere hidden in the bushes, acting as though she was spying on the quartet. As soon as Queen Cynthia left her balcony, Dan stopped playing the guitar and looked at the other prince.

"Well mate, it's your birthday so I am gonna teach you to relax and lead a life," Dan said, grinning .

Nixon merely rolled his eyes before his expression turned serious again. "I have a theory."

"You always do, brother," Ash said, causing Emma to chuckle.

"Your highness, I think it would be better if we simply took the day off from researching and practicing," Emma suggested. Nixon shook his head.

"I wish I could if this wasn't a matter of urgent importance, princess."

"What is that?" Dan asked.

"I was checking out a book in the library for a some light reading when I came across the story of Lord Relazar. Of course, I told you all that. You remember, yes?" Nixon asked. The other three nodded their confirmation. "Yesterday night, I decided to read more about the same mythology and I found something... Something really peculiar which I theorized may help solve a mystery."

"Go ahead, brother," Ash urged, looking serious.

"Kimballs, I must ask you both. Do you know what the Old Welsh meaning of Kimball is?"

"How am I supposed to know that?!" Dan exclaimed.

Emma shook her head. "Can you please tell us, your highness?" she asked.

"It means 'Warrior Chief'," Nixon said. Identical gasps were heard, "According to my theory, the Kimballs are the decendants of Lord Relazar Warrior." Gasps were heard again as Nixon said that. He continued, "How I am telling that? Look, it is clearly written in 'The History of Kneazleland' that the kingdom was named in elvish. Who knows elvish better than elves, themselves? Who else had a connection to elves at the time of the formation of Kneazleland? Lord Relazar. Lord Relazar lived nearly 50 years before the kingdom's creation. It is possible that the elves lived beside humans when he was alive. They must have still lived with humans but something in between - some event must have caused them to go underground."