~Chapter Seven~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Seven: Secrets Revealed

The next day found the 16 year old princess up bright and early, playing her piano. She was practicing once again as her father had asked her to do so. It seemed that the Lavery Kingdom was hosting some ball, the purpose of which was unknown even to the King. King Clinton Darfferson had requested Emma to play the opening theme for the ball and so, she was practicing playing a slow yet melodious theme.

At the door frame of the huge room stood a black haired boy, about the age of eighteen, with a bright smile on his face. He was leaning against the wall with crossed arms and looking at his little sister play her favorite instrument. This was nothing new as he always watched her play the piano whenever he was free. What was new today about this? Well, the boy, called as Dan Kimball was worried.

Dan Kimball was never worried in fact he was never serious about anything. Sure, he was extremely caring and concerned about his family and kingdom but he was never as concerned as he was now, for his best mate had just introduced a new theory which both, frightened as well as made him serious. On top of all this, his dad, the King, was invading their privacy by trying to pry on them and asking several questions about their whereabouts while at Lavery. He closed his bright blue eyes and sighed.

"Brother? Is anything wrong?" a concerned looking Emma asked.

"Er...I think I have to talk to uh...Nix today. Nothing much. Just...about...you-know-what..." he said, looking around for eavesdroppers. The princess shook her head. It apparently seemed that she had not thought much about the previous day's events.

"I know. We need to discuss it but what about your training?" she asked. She purposefully told it was Dan's training for the sake of eavesdroppers. Dan smiled before answering.

"We'll take care of it. Now, come along. Get dressed soon, we're going to Lavery."

Emma nodded with a smile and Dan left the room. Thoughts of what today had in store for them never leaving his head until they reached Lavery Kingdom an hour after.

~×~

The group of five were now in The Valley of Blooms, practicing fencing. Emma and Nixon were dueling as the other three sat at the edge of their rocky seats, watching the duo.

"Aiming, Timing and Maiming, Princess! I told you! Do not care if it's me who's battling! Everyone who attacks you are your enemy on the battlefield! Do n-not pity them!" Nixon encouraged as he blocked one of Emma's attack.

He sent one of his own at her and she managed to side step the attack at the last moment. However, this tripped her and she fell down. Taking this as an opportunity, Nixon aimed for her head. Emma's tired, brown eyes looked up as she began to clutch Dan's sword tightly in her hand and attempt to raise it in order to block the attack. Before she could do so, they heard a very familiar shriek and Nixon stopped himself, his sword floating merely an inch above Emma's head. Everyone looked around but found no one there. Not a single soul besides them was present there. Or so they thought.

"Goodness. That was close, pal, battle safely brother!" Ash ordered. Nixon did not pay attention to her, but he looked observant.

"Let the duel restart!" Austin announced and Nixon held out his hand to help the fallen princess up on her feet. He walked ten steps behind and once again stood in a battle stance, his brown eyes travelling everywhere. "On the count of three...one...two...three!" Austin announced and the duel restarted.

Nixon let Emma strike first. He blocked it successfully and attempted an attack which resulted in vain. Emma was slowly, yet steadily improving. However, her reflexes must be worked on so as to avoid tripping after side stepping an attack. A single drop of sweat fell down the elder boy's face as he was attacked on his shoulder. The metallic sound of swords clashing felt like some sort of well practiced rhythm as the two royals fought their energy out.

Emma raised her sword to slash as Nixon spotted something unfamiliar in the bushes. A shadow. He lost his concentration and the hit landed successfully. He bit his lip so as to not shout and in a very quick movement, disarmed the gobsmacked princess and pointed his sword towards the bushes.

"Reveal yourself, lest I slash your neck," Nixon commanded in a deathly tone. The other four shuddered at the use of this tone. The bushes shook very slowly before a very familiar figure emerged out, wearing a sheepish yet guilty smile. The group of friends gasped collectively. No, it couldn't be...It shouldn't be! The secret was no more a secret.

Cliffhanger! Goodness, I keep doing this. Forgive me, I couldn't refrain myself yet again. I will try to publish the next chapter soon so that you will see who it is. Any lucky guesses? Comment!

Also, I dropped a very obvious Easter egg in this chapter. If you can find it by reading only once and commenting, I shall give you a shoutout! The first person who comments will get a shoutout!

I hope you enjoyed. Please feel free to share your thoughts about this chapter with me and if you haven't, check out the awards co-hosted by myself and my bestie, Ilakshi! Thank you!

Until then,
Marina