~Chapter Eight~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Eight: Fears and Tears

Disclaimer: Capital Ash ;)

"Miss Scorponston?!" Dan whisper-shouted. He felt like his legs would give away. How had he not expected his father to send someone to spy on them?! He felt very guilty and ashamed of himself at that point that he sunk to his seat on the rock.

Sylvie Scorponston, Emma's lady-in-waiting stood there, her head down. Nixon lowered his sword and it fell to his side in a clang. Simultaneously, Emma fell to her knees as multiple sobs escaped her throat. Nixon did not know which was worse; Emma crying or her secret is no longer one. Ash ran over to Sylvie looking ready to confront the guilty servant. Nixon walked over to Emma and tried consoling her, ending up in vain. Everyone stood speechless for a second before Austin finally decided to break the silence.

"Umm guys?" That was enough for Ash to return to the world.

"Miss Scorponston! How could you?!" Ash shrieked.

"I am truly sorry Princess Ash, I was... curious as to where you all go...that is why I followed you... "

"What?! Do not try to defend Dad, Miss Scorponston! I know he set you up!" Dan shouted, getting up from his seat and walking over to his sister. He placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "I will take the blame, Emma. Please do not cry."

Emma shook her head vigorously as she lifted her head from Nixon's shoulders. "No! I-I was the one wh-who wanted to learn it!"

"I am sorry to intrude, Princess but it is entirely my fault that we are training in secret. I wish to take the blame," Nixon interrupted, trying to look calm, yet failing.

"Mate, are you mad?! You will be sent into exile!" Dan shouted.

"I do not care, Dan! It is my fault and I have no wish to send a girl alone to a forest in exile! Let alone...uh...someone who does not have any arms. I have a sword and I can very well survive being a Prince."

"Alright then, I'm coming with you. I am her brother and the one who got this issue up with you," Dan said. Nixon opened his mouth to retort but Austin cut him off.

"I shall take the punishment instead. I was the one who showed you this place. If I had shown some other secure place, this would have never happened and since I am no prince, I will not be sent to exile."

"Austin! They will kill you! Or chuck you into prison!" Dan said and Nixon nodded.

" I can do something for a friend. Dying as a good friend isn't something you get to do," Austin said.

"No, I am going to-" Dan started but this time he was cut off by Ash.

"WHAT ON LAVERY?! STOP BLAMING EACH OTHER!" Ash shouted very loudly. Everyone watched her with wide eyes. She inhaled and exhaled and glared at everyone present besides Emma and of course, herself. She rolled her eyes before continuing, in a much softer volume, "I know. I understand your emotions and guilt but everyone present here has a part. Why should only one take the blame then? Let's all take the blame, excluding Emma. All of us are to blame. If we are going to be sent to exile, let's go together. We are in this, together!"

Emma really could not help it now. She hugged a very bewildered Nixon, who was seated beside her, hard while muttering, 'I'm sorry ' several times. Tears streamed down her face and she could not stop them. Nixon's expression turned guilty again as he stroked her hair to calm her down. This was usually something which he did to Ash when she was sad or upset. Dan looked down, defeated. Austin noticed this and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and nodded, as if to say 'It will be alright'. Dan nodded sadly before mustering up all his Kimball courage and looking at the sobbing lady-in-waiting.

"Miss Scorponston, lead us," he said. His voice came out hoarse.

Miss Scorponston shook her head. "What?" Dan asked, confused.

"I cannot, your highness," Sylvie said, still looking down.

"You cannot what?" Ash asked, turning to face her.

"I cannot tell the truth after all that I just witnessed. I cannot bear to see princess Emma sad. I shall not tell the truth. I shall.... I shall... lie to... His highness... if-if you give me the permission..." Sylvie stuttered.

Everyone looked surprised. Emma broke the hug and looked at Sylvie in disbelief.

"Yes, Lady. I cannot do that. Your friendship touched me. I am not cold hearted. Your wish will be my command, please tell me your wish. I shall execute it on two conditions," Sylvie said, bowing slightly.

"Name them," Nixon said, standing up, "Name the conditions."

"Firstly, I want you to play safe, your highness. If you had hit my lady on the head, I fear to think of the consequences," Sylvie said. Nixon's expression softened at that. "Secondly, I know it is too much but, can you please forgive me, princess?" As soon as she said this, she looked down.

Emma got up, smiling. "Of course, Sylvie!" she said before hugging Sylvie. Sylvie gladly hugged back, a few tears of her own leaking out of her green eyes.

"Now, you have a duel to finish," Sylvie said with a smile, looking at Nixon and Emma. The latter two smiled at each other before walking back to their respective places and assuming their stance.

There! Took sometime to write this chapter. It made me emotional too. Thoughts about this chapter? Comment!

Marina