~Chapter Five~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Five: Discussion Day

The group of five met every alternate day. Sometimes, Austin, the shepherd would be too busy to join. Other than that, the training was going fairly well. Dan, Ash and Nixon took turns teaching and battling Emma. Emma was slowly and steadily improving. Her lessons of formalities and battling stance with Ash was successful. She could wield Dan's sword very well. Dan seemed very proud about that as it took him quite some time to wield a sword when he was young. The only reason he gave when teased about it was that he was a 'little innocent lad of 10' when he learnt fencing.

Dan taught his sister to defend and he would say that she was improving at that. She defended two of Nixon's seven attacks which was a great improvement given the fact that Nixon was a great attacker.

As for her attacking part, Nixon was rendered speechless as well as sword-less on several occasions. She seemed natural at this art that he could do nothing but stare at her skills. Despite that, he taught her new tricks and she eagerly listened to all of his lectures, curiosity sparkling in her brown eyes. There were times when she would get pretty exhausted and call off the training. Nevertheless, she kept going and this determined attitude was liked by the Prince.

This frequent meeting aroused a feeling of suspicion in King Ronan's mind. One day, he decided to send someone to spy on his children. He called for Sylvie and ordered her to spy on his children. Sylvie was reluctant but followed his orders. She would spy on her young master and mistress when they would leave for Lavery.

~×~

Emma was in her room, sitting in front of her piano and playing the tune she loved. It was called, 'What If I' by 'Elysian'. It was a beautiful piece of music and she absolutely fell in love with it as soon as her piano instructor played it. Deciding to learn it, she was looking through her notes.

"Emma, when are you going to play it? I have been waiting for three hours to hear it and today Nixon and Ash are coming over!"

"Mmm..."

"You have been saying the same thing since forever!"

"Oh?"

"Oi! I want to-" but before Dan could finish his sentence, a knock sounded. He sighed before getting up and opening the door. Nixon and Ash agreed to come over as Dan noticed his father looking suspiciously each time they mentioned going to Lavery kingdom. He thought it must be them, however when he opened the door, he was surprised for two reasons - firstly, Emma started playing some other tune; secondly, it was King Ronan who was at the doorstep. "Dad?" Dan asked, nervously.

"A letter for you and your sister, Son. From the Prince of Lavery Kingdom," King Ronan said, handing over an envelope. He had a stern expression on his face, which was absolutely rare.

"Thank you, father," Dan said and bowed slightly. King Ronan nodded and left. That was bizarre. Why would the King come to deliver a letter?!

Dan shut the door behind him and tore open the envelope. Emma had stopped playing and was looking at her brother with questioning eyes.

"A letter from Nixon. Says he cannot come and that we have to go there as-"

Emma started playing the piano again using high notes though her eyes were at her confused looking brother. "Tell, brother. Walls may have ears."

Having understood what Emma meant, the raven head walked over to his sister and whispered in her ear. All the while, Emma was playing the piano. She nodded after she heard and processed the complete message and stopped playing the piano.

Dan looked at the doorway and saw a foot shuffle before walking away. He raised his eyebrows and looked at Emma who merely shrugged. He sighed before telling Emma to get dressed and meet him at the garden so that they could board a carriage to Lavery.

After an hour or so, the five friends were seated on the fresh grass below a giant oak tree of The Valley of Blooms, surrounded by wildflowers.

"May I ask the reason for the change of plans, Prince Nixon?" Emma asked.

"Princess, I must ask of you. Have you ever come across a book by name, ''The Legacy of Elly the Elf'?"

"Yes, your highness," Emma replied, thoroughly confused.

"Is it not obvious, mate? It is a very famous mythology, but it seems more like some fairytale by that Able."

"Apparently, Mixar F.Able was serious. It is not a fairytale, Dan. It is the truth," Nixon said.

"May I know what we are talking about?" Ash interrupted before Dan could start ranting.

"That, my baby sister, is why you should read books instead of sitting around with flowers."

"I am not your baby sister and I do read books. Just because you have a pollen allergy does not mean I hate flowers too! In fact, you are sitting around wildflowers, big brother! "

"Umm...yeah but...apparently, er...touch wood, my allergy is doing just fine."

Dan and Austin laughed out loud and Emma chuckled to keep up politeness. Ash crossed her arms and turned her head as Nixon frowned.

"We just got diverted. Right, so have you read all about elf wars and how they were oppressed?"

"Of course but it was brutal. Prince Nixon, what has that got to do with anything related to us?" Emma asked politely.

"Princess Emma, have you come across the man named Lord Relazar Warrior?"

"His name was Warrior?" Dan asked.

"Yes, the word warrior it self was named after him; Lord Relazar Warrior was a very brave and formidable man who helped the elves to win their fight against slavery. He was very brave even from his younger days. Can you, princess, tell more about Lord Relazar Warrior?" Nixon asked, looking at the young girl through his spectacles.

"Yes, your highness. Relazar Warrior was the ruler of a kingdom by name Utopia. Equality existed in that kingdom and everyone treated their fellow citizens as brothers and sisters. Elves, who lived underground until then were invited by Relazar to live alongside them in peace. After a long discussion, Lord Samok, the ruler and the supreme leader of the elves agreed, with consultation of the elf cabinet. The elves, too, started living with the humans. The citizens did not object to this. They even formed amity with the elves. Everyone were at peace, until one unfortunate day when..."

Cliffhanger! Sorry, I was too tempted to put this cliffhanger. I hope this history doesn't make you fall asleep. The next chapter will contain the continuation of the story and some of (spoilers) Nixon's theory of the prophecy.

As for the music, I want you guys to check it out and appreciate it! It's such a beautiful piece. I do not own copyrights for it.

Unfortunately, the next chapter will take a while to be uploaded. I hope you understand.

I edited a few aspects of the story. That is the blurb and the cover. Comment if the cover is good. Thank you.

Hope you liked it!

Marina