~Chapter Fourteen~

Story: The Warrior Princess
Chapter Fourteen: Banquet and Preparations

Goblin Magnok led the five friends to a huge underground hall which seemed to be carved out of stone. Austin was helping Nixon, who was the most tortured out of the three. Ash could hold her own and Emma helped Dan.

Walking very slowly, the five friends walked to the huge table and sat down. A long wooden table stood in the hall. A white cloth draped over it as beautiful white china were placed on them. The hall was filled with delicious aroma and the table could sit at least 10 people all at once. The food seemed very extravagant to look at. Chairs were draped with white linen cloth and tied with red ribbons. Emma could not help but gasp at this quickly arranged banquet. It seemed like magic. Well, it was magic.

As the five friends sat down, Emma spoke up. "Sir, it is very kind of you to arrange this lunch but I think it is too much for us," she said politely.

Magnok laughed and said, "Mistress, I have been waiting for you for three centuries and such a small banquet is not the way to welcome you. If I had known it was you, the welcome would have been the grandest event that the little goblins of this age would ever learn in their history classes. I still feel really guilty for the condition of your brother and your friends. In return, I am ready to do anything for you, Masters and Madam," Magnok said and bowed to the three gobsmacked victims.

"No no! We do not wish for anything!" Austin said, reading Dan's face expression. Dan nodded very lightly. His voice was still not audible but Magnok assured that after a small drink of the healing serum, he will be alright.

"Please, do not make me feel guilty for the rest of my life. Whatever you request will be done but I think we can start on our meals. We need you to heal and eating is the only way. Let the feast begin!" Magnok said and the empty china filled with delicious dishes. There were nothing compared to the food which was available in Kimball palace. Everything was different. There were no vegetables or meat but they still looked like them.

"These are the food we find on Dewdrop hill. This magical hill provides food, yes. We just cook them," Magnok explained when Austin asked what the fried food consisted of.

The feast was a peaceful, rejuvenating and delicious affair. All of them very much enjoyed it. The table talk which Magnok initiated consisted of the real story behind the sword and Lord Relazar.

However, Emma felt something wrong... Something was missing. How had Magnok known she would come one fine day...? Why did he call her the daughter of Lord Relazar and Lady Sana Warrior? Ignatius Warrior was the only known offspring of the pair and it was absolutely impossible that Emma would be their daughter. Granddaughter, sure but daughter? That seemed to leave a huge blank. Emma made a resolution to talk to Dan and her friends after everything got back to normal.

~×~

After saying a thank you and goodbye to the goblins, the five friends left the Goblin nation. Emma had requested that Magnok and his fellow goblins come live with the Kimballs in Kneazleland. Magnok had politely refused the invitation stating that there were politics going on among goblins.

The goblin nation was apparently divided into two - one supporting Kimballs and the other opposing. If the goblins were to live in Kneazleland, problems might be created between them and the rulers. Emma thought about it and agreed. However, she asked Magnok to live with them as soon as this issue was resolved. This caused happiness among the good goblins.

While leaving the mysterious mountain, Austin thought he saw a man, who looked oddly familiar, stare at the group of five. He informed about this to his friends, excluding Nixon as the latter was already tensed about the throning ceremony due the next day. Dan waved off the shepherd's worry, telling him to 'relax and chill'. However, Austin's mind was unrest about it.