Chapter 2

Mom became sick, no one knew what was wrong with her. We took her to the hospital but she stayed for way too long. We gave her the best care till we went bankrupt.
We were called by the nurses to come and see our mother, she was very sick. She had been calling for us all day but we arrived late in the evening. Mom had something to tell us, we were all wondering what it could be. She told us that we do not share a father, we weren't all royal and we had to go back home. How? What? We wanted to ask her but she chose to close her eyes, time of death 19:20.                          
We were shattered, we lived all our believing that we are twins. How could mom do that to us? Who is our father? Our certificates, it all started to make sense but they told us that  the home affairs made a terrible mistake but that never bothered us. After seeing Princess, there was no need for me to ask questions. Why was I identical to Princess?
We lost our bond in those seconds, our life was a lie.
We were still sisters and had to stick together. We had to go back to the villages to get the whole truth but we were broke then we sold our house to get the money. We waited for our flight and packed everything, we were done with the city. It was a long flight, where would we start? “Will they recognize us?” I didn't know what to think but we finally arrived.
We found the Rhavheles, the place, it was way too stunning to be in the villages. I didn't understand why mom ran away, the place was way better that where we lived. Better is an understatement, it was the best I've ever been in. The Rhavheles accepted us, sat with us down and tried to explain everything. The conversation wasn't flowing, we didn't know what to say and how to say it.
All we wanted was the whole truth. They tried to explain but there was more to what they were saying. They told us that we belonged there but they failed to tell us the truth about our fathers. Who was royal and who wasn't? Who were our fathers? Where were they?. We all wanted to know but they gave us nothing.
Nothing made sense, but who wouldn't be happy in a mansion? Life continued as usual. We were introduced to the rest of the family, then I learnt that our life was very lonely. We had no one to visit back then, we only went to the mall and our friend’s house. Family needs each other to overcome certain things. We were also introduced to the neighbouring royal families. Finally, my dream was about to come true. We met all the kings but there was this young , handsome one whom I liked.
Princess could not stop talking about him. I wasn't worried that she wanted him too, we said that we would marry one man so that we would always be together.
Even though we agreed  on that, I wasn't intimidated by Princess. She didn't even know our clans and the language. Who would marry her? Besides I was more beautiful than her and she knew that. I had it all to get the guy.
Every year, we had a feast with all the villagers  and other royal families to celebrate life. I knew that King Todane would be there so I went to buy the most expensive dress, I wanted to be the talk of the evening. I noticed that Princess was visiting the chief most of her time but I was never worried. She might have been there to put a good word for the both of us, that's what I thought.
It was a beautiful evening, everyone was dressed up but I looked like the princess I thought I was. It was the first time, I got to experience something like that. People were singing, dancing and mingling. I worked myself so that chief would notice me. I was with my cousins when the chief went down with one knee and proposed to Princess. I was happy and shaking in my boots, I was next. I fixed my dress and acted cool then Princess agreed. Everyone was happy and shocked at the same time, but he didn't come to me. Mom wasn't the only liar in our family, Princess lied to me.
She told me that she does not want to become a queen, my whole life she watched me prepare myself so that she could do that to me. I was beautiful but he didn't choose me, I wasn't happy but I was good at pretending. I went to congratulate them. I knew that I would soon wipe their smiles. “ No one messes with me.” Those were the words that rang in my mind the whole night.

Princess was still my sister, I had to talk to her before making drastic decisions. She seemed to be so happy that she forgot that I was still alive. I went into her bedroom to see her, but what she said to me could never be forgotten. “Good morning sister, how did you sleep?” she asked.                                                 “I can see that you are very happy but I can't say the same. I barely slept last night thinking about chief's proposal. Are you sure?” I asked.                                                                                                                               “What's there to not be sure about? I am old enough. I found someone for myself, he makes me happy besides I am ready to settle down.  Please! Be my made of honour.” Princess had the nerve to ask me to become the maid of honour and give her to the man of my dreams.
“For yourself?” I asked Princess then she asked if there was another her. “ But we agreed to share a man, don't you remember,” I asked.                                                                                                                               “Are you mad? That was then and we were kids. I can't, we are not twins anymore and who knows. You might not even be royal. Sister! Go find yourself your own man.,” she laughed.                                                                                                         “I am happy for you," I cried.