Chapter 11

I had things to do before going to jail, I wasn't going to jail alone. He was coming along, Shakes. I paid him a visit. “Knock, knock!”
I knocked and he finally opened the door for me. “What do you want?” he asked. “Is that how you greet your old bestfriend, the one you sold? What did she promise you, money or protection? It's clear that that you don't know me, you really weren't paying attention. I will chew you and spit you in Princess's food. How dare you mess with me" I said angrily. I was on his neck with my gun. “I am so sorry, I had no choice, she said that she was going to come for my family,” he cried.
“And I wouldn't come for your family? You thought wrong, I heard that your girlfriend is pregnant,” I said.  “No, you can't… I will do anything,” he cried. “The first thing you can do is to tell the police that you were lying , then maybe we can work something out. We wouldn't want the blood of your unborn baby in your hands,” I said.
“You know that's not possible, they have evidence so my word won't mean anything , they will see that I was frightened.” “The evidence that you gave them, you messed up my life and now you have to pick up the pieces. I am not going down alone, it's either you go with me or you die. You have twelve hours to decide what you want to do,” I said politely.
I left his house and guess what ? I came the next day and his little family was nowhere to be found. My luck had run out again, I felt like the world was against me and everyone was just getting away with everything they had done. I said my goodbyes to the family and I was sentenced for fifteen  years in jail.
My first day was bad, nobody cared about me being pregnant. I was just a thing they tossed around and used to perform their duties. I didn't even eat my meals, it's not like I didn't want, they took my food. I bathed without a soap, slept on a cold floor but no one cared. They all thought I had money to give because I was a ‘half princess ‘ , they constantly reminded me.
I was worried about my daughter, everything that happened affected her  but Princess didn't even seem to be sorry because she didn't visit me, gogo was the only person who visited me. Her love was unconditional and I think my mom was proud. I didn't hate my mom even though she played a part in getting me there. She never thought that I could be that stupid.
I admitted my stupidity, I finally made peace with everything then I invited Princess over. I wanted to make peace with her, I wanted her to forgive me. I was wrong and I should've done that . I am older and I should've known better. She came and wasn't too pleased but to me, it meant a lot. There was hope that she was willing to forgive me. The warden called me and I was ready to face Princess after five months but was she ready?
I looked at her and she looked at me, she smiled and I smiled back, it just took me back to the United States. It's the smile that I was longing to see after everything that had happened, with that smile, I knew that I was forgiven. “Hey, sister.”
“How are you? Are you well? I am so sorry for not visiting you, I know I hurt you. How is the baby? Is she growing well?” Princess asked. You would swear that she was nervous , she had more things to say but they damn had no meaning. “I am fine, it's just that I was not eating well for the past few days. The conditions are bad but I am strong, I will survive this one,” I said.
“I am sorry that you are going through  that, it's my fault. I shouldn’t have thrown you in jail, you are my blood and I had to forgive you but I was too focused on my emotions. Please! Forgive me,” she pleaded. “No! Princess, I should be the one asking for forgiveness , I wronged you. I am your older sister and I understand that you had to react. I would've killed you but you gave me another chance., I will forever be grateful. Thank you and please find it in your heart to forgive me,” I pleaded .
“I forgive you and thank you for being brave enough to apologize, I hope that everything will go back to normal . The house is lonely without you. You are still my bestfriend, my sister and I love you,” she said. “I love you too and I missed you. Where is Mulweli? I missed him so much, I hope that you taking pictures, I can't wait to see an album,” I said.
“He is growing and he is always asking about you. Your boy loves you,” she said with a smile on her face. Our time was up and we had to say our goodbyes again. I didn't want our conversation to end but I was a prisoner, I had no rights. “I will come back soon, hopefully with Mulweli. Take care and say goodnight to the baby for me,” she said. “I will, I hope you get there safe. You should come back.”
It was a sad goodbye but I was happy. I was relieved , for once after a long time, I was delighted. I felt like a leave, I was light. The baby even kicked, I am sure that she was happy that she heard her aunt's voice. I was happy that night, I even ate my favorite meal. Things were going back to normal, Princess forgave me and I was going to have a baby.
“I would give my baby to Princess and she would love her like her own, we were sisters again and nothing can separate us, she loved me,” those were the things that I was telling myself that night. It was one of the happiest until I started bleeding , I was in pain. I screamed as hard as I could, I felt her, she was no longer moving.
I was screaming and they were all just looking at me, they actually thought that I was making noise. “No one forced me to open my legs,” that's what they all said. I was seriously bleeding, I thought that  I wasn't going to survive but here I am. I was in so much pain, I could hardly remember what happened but I woke up at the hospital. My friends were there when the doctor delivered the news.
“How are you feeling?” the doctor asked. Everyone was just fussing about everything and I didn't like it.   “I am fine but what is going on? Why is everyone here?” I asked. “I am so sorry, we did everything that we could but your baby didn't survive,” he said.
I looked at him, I turned around and looked at him. I couldn't believe what he was telling me , the person who matured in me was dead. I could still feel her kicks but she no longer there. She wasn't kicking anymore, my child died on me. “I am so sorry Sofia, I know how much you wanted and loved that baby, it will all be fine,” Candy said.
She looked at me, straight in my eyes and told me that all will be fine. What was going to be fine? Princess took my baby away from me and my friend had the nerve to tell me that I was going to be fine. I hated her, everything that I let go of came back in seconds. My child would still be alive if she didn't send me to prison.
I was devastated again, I had nothing to live for. I hated Princess and I hoped that my child would ghost her. I couldn't believe what they all said. I wanted my child, after everything I've been through  with her, I didn't think that she was going to leave me like that, like my mother, like my father and the king…Where the hell was Princess?
I was screaming my lungs out. I was calling my baby, I was hoping that a miracle would happen and she would come back but I am not lucky, I never was. My friends kept visiting and telling me that everything will be alright but when it was time for them to go home, they would tell me that their kids usually burns their homes.
What did they think? Was I supposed to congratulate them? No one felt what I felt, it's a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  Life continues so they forgot about me and my dead child. They no longer visited me but that didn't shake me because I am still alive.