Chapter 5

The family prepared lunch to welcome the newlyweds back from their honeymoon.  Princess looked fat and I was certain that the chief was no longer attracted to her. We could not wait for them to tell us about their holidays.” How was the holiday?” asked granny.                                                                             “It was refreshing, we were treated like the king and queen that we are. My wife had a good time and certainly learned a lot at the leadership academy. She didn't even want to come back, “said Todane.
“My wife? She can't even bear kids but she is damn called a wife. We don't want to know what your wife was doing. How was the trip?” I said to myself
“I can see that you enjoyed your holidays but it's time to speak about children. When will I start looking after kids?” asked granny. I was laughing, I just couldn't show it. “ Yes, I want to be called an aunt. Princess, are you going to answer that?” I asked.                                                                                                  “Yes, since you want to know, I will answer you. I think that it's still early to tell but I am pregnant, “ said Princess.
I was choking , I had no words. “How? What? No!” Princess was lying. I didn't believe her. I trusted the people I went to, they were the best. There was no way Princess could have been pregnant.  She was lying like always and her lies would catch up with her.                                                                                       We all stood up and hugged her.” Congratulations .”we all said that, people were happy but I wasn't, I was actually confused. Princess moved in with her new family.
After few months, she started to show that she was pregnant, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to harm an innocent soul. The plan changed, I still went to consult traditional doctors and I was told that the baby was a girl. I was not really worried because every man want a baby boy, and it was important in our families. I believed that the chief would still take a second wife and that was me. I was relaxed and ready.
That wasn't the truth, she was about to have a baby boy, I felt like God was against me.
I was frustrated…I didn't know what to do. It seemed like everyone around me was lying…I spent a lot of money on those doctors but they lied to me. I spent my life trying to please my mom, playing the obedient child but she still lied to me. Princess was my everything, I would've took a bullet for her but she decided to pull the trigger. She hurt me and played the victim. I was not trying to play the victim but I was. Wasn't I the victim?
She gave birth to a son, an heir. I went crazy…I saw him with my own eyes. I had played the safe game for way too long. It was time for some people to get hurt, I knew that there are casualties in every war but I didn't care because I had nothing to lose. I enjoyed seeing others begging and in pain, it helped me. It made me happy, that way I would not be the only one in pain. I had no choice but to change the plan …all it did was to change. I read in some book that if you want to be successful, you must have perseverance. The phrase had nothing to do with my evil plans but it kept me going.
The universe didn't seem to favour me. The king seem elated, he was his first baby boy and he had to be.” The boy would be better off with me, if her mother couldn't love me then who is he?” I asked myself. I had a lot more to offer than Princess. Relax! I wasn't planning to take the kid, I wouldn't do that. I was angry but I wasn't cruel, not yet.
I made a few calls and got some tough rough men to help me, I had to solve my problem. The baby was now few months old and wouldn't even need his mom that much plus he was fond of me. I was his mother in his eyes, even her husband got confused sometimes because we even had the same birthmarks.
I called Princess and invited her for a walk. It was hard to convince her but what's my name?                     “Hey…sister I've been trying to call you all day. Are you busy?”                                                                            “A lot has been happening, I don't regret having a baby but it's tiring.  I was playing with him the whole day, that's how I missed your calls. What's wrong?” asked Princess.
“Hao! Can't I check on my favorite sister?”…”You mean your only sister.  I am fine , just tired,” she said.         “I called you because I realized that you hardly get a break…Please come with me, I am going for a walk. It could help you to clear your mind, you need it, “ I pleaded.                                                                           “But my baby, I can't. He is going to wake up soon so I can't,” she said … “ Don't be so dramatic, it will only take an hour,” I pleaded.
“You don't understand, he will cry when he doesn't see me. Sorry!”                                                                 “Do it for him, he will want to play when he wakes up, so you better get some energy besides he won't know…we will be back by then,” I said.                                                                                                                   “Okay…I'll see you just now,” she said.
Some people are dramatic.  You would swear that the kid was a glass and fragile. My men got her, they kidnapped Sofia. I didn't kidnap Sofia, they did. I told the family that I was away on business, they wanted to know why I didn't tell them when I was leaving. I didn't have time to answer such questions, it's not like they cared. Everyone cared about Princess , her lousy husband and her precious kid.
They didn't care about me, they cared about money, their business as well as their reputation and their  relationships with wealthy families. I considered myself as an outsider. I wasn't really gone, I swapped places with Princess. I went into her palace, I swear I would've also left my sister for that. I wore her make-up, put on her perfume and went with the flow. I should have done that ages ago but I was too kind, her clothes were made for me I swear.
Whoever created us knew that Princess would hurt me and I would seek revenge. There wasn't any better explanation. I understood why she didn't want to leave her son, he brought happiness to her. I too found my happiness. She ignored me and for a moment I didn't blame her because her husband was divine.
He took me to heaven in seconds, he knew how to play and I loved to play. He touched me on the right places, I swear I would've killed for him if they asked me too. The good handsome man behind a suit was a bad boy. He asked if I got my groove back, that means that Princess wasn't doing it right. He loved me…my ideas, energy and naughtiness. He thought that Princess got over being obsessed with the baby and wanted to fix things with him. I t had been a long time and I was giving him everyday , it kept him happy so I couldn't complain.