Chapter 3

Weeks went by and everyone was going up and down preparing for Princess’s wedding. Princess forgot about me and focused on her new life. I started to feel lonely and ugly, I would not go out for days. I didn't talk to anyone. I would lock myself in my bedroom for days but Princess cared less. She didn't even check up on me, I felt like I didn't have a reason to live anymore, I was depressed. I remembered what mom always told, she said that I must go after what I want no matter the cost. I wanted chief and I was going to get him.
I wiped my tears and went to join the family to help with the wedding preparations, I was pushed to become who I am. Promises are broken all the time, everyone around me was lying and it was my time to get even .The preparations were still on and Princess did not even see the need to apologize for the way she talked to me. I tried all my best to seduce him but he didn't notice me, I was invisible.
It was the wedding day and I was supposed to walk Princess down the aisle, hand her to the man I loved, I couldn't. I knew that the wedding would not take place if I was not there. I decided to take my life. “ I would rather die than to see Princess living my life,” that's what I told myself . I wrote a letter a and took pills.
Dear Princess
You have been my other half since childhood, the best and the worst sister anyone could ever ask for. They say that there isn't perfection but take this one from me, you are perfect. You are the only person who has loved me with all my flaws. Who should I be with when you get married ? When you start your own family ? We did everything together and without you, I feel like I have no direction. You've been my duplicate for so long that I don't want to be without you.
You promised me, you said that no matter what happens, we will always be together. You said that we were going to marry one man but now you've turned your back on me. Who does that? What do you expect me to do? Please don't live with guilt because unlike you, I love you and I'll forever make things easy for you as I promised. I didn't want to be in your way, so I am sure that you are happy now.  Congratulations on your wedding, may it be the wedding of the year. I'll greet mom for you, see you on the other side.
Your love
Sofia

I woke up at the hospital with Princess on my bedside. I tried to ask if she was also in heaven but I got the slap of my life. I looked at her and saw the hate in her eyes. My only sister hated me , that wasn't an issue because I hated her too. She could have asked about my well-being but that lousy wedding was her priority.  The  idea of becoming a queen was driving her crazy. It was time I became even. ” How dare you do that on my wedding day? Couldn't you wait a week after my wedding to kill yourself?” shouted Princess
“This is how you are going to play it? Who asked you to find me? The least you could do is to ask if I am well but no! That tall thing you call a man is in your head. Remember us, twins? “ I cried.                            “I am sorry, I guess I have been swamped during this whole process that I even forgot about you. I wish I could take everything that I said to you back but I can't. I know that I hurt you but you didn't have to kill yourself, you have a lot to live for.” she cried.
“A lot to live for, what is there to live for? I don't have a man, I lost my mom and a twin sister then you tell me that I have a lot to live for. You are living my life and you are not even sorry. I will take back what's mine.” I thought to myself .                                                                                                                         We were still talking when Todane  and the nurse came in the ward and discharged me and finally, I was going home. I hated hospitals, they just brought back sad memories.
On our way back home, I was apologizing to the couple. I didn't know why I was apologizing but I was. I had to keep the new queen happy. They forgave me, “ Everyone deserves a second chance.,” said chief with a silly voice. No matter how silly the voice sounded. I wanted him, it was to spite Princess. I used to like him but now I wasn't sure if I did. Everyone who loved Princess annoyed me. She didn't deserve to be loved, like me she was loveless.
We got home and everyone was all over me. They all had questions. “ Are you depressed?” asked Hope.  “ Would you like to see our family therapist ?” asked Zwande. “Do you want water? Should I get you some pillows?” Those were the questions everyone asked. I was not broken and definitely didn't want to be balanced. Finally, granny came and saved the day.  She took me to my room and told me to rest. I swear that she was the only person who understood me . She was the best , she should have been my twin sister, not Princess. Princess is selfish. No! Princess was selfish.