Chapter 6

For the first time since I've arrived there, I felt wanted and loved. I was important , my family loved me and he also loved me. Nobody bothered to ask about Sofia except for granny. She was the only person who understood me and I still called her every week. I had everything I wanted and I couldn't ask for more. I was living my dream and Princess had to stay where she was.
Days went by and weeks passed then I went to visit Princess . I didn't feel sorry for her, I was tickled every time she decided to cry. I was a happy girl and it was time to hear how she felt. I changed my voice so she couldn't recognize it. “Hey girl, how are you?” I asked.
“How do you expect me to be, I haven't been eating for the past few days, this room also smells blood and that scares me.” She said. The girl had tons of questions to ask and she also complained as if that was a palace that needed renovations. “Hey, this is not your mother's house so you better start behaving and stop screaming because no one is here to save you,” I said.
“Please! Have mercy on me. What do you want? I have money , let me go and you will be taken care of for the rest of your life,” she pleaded. “Money? Will it buy me happiness? I thought as much.”
“My husband is looking for and when he finds me , you will regret everything. Let me go and we will pretend like this never happened ,”she screamed. I was so scared, terrified because the lion was coming, her husband was looking for her! “Let me brief you about the outside world darling, your husband is not looking for you. He is happy and found someone to warm his blankets. He likes it rough and you don't?”  I asked.
“No…what have you done? Who are you? Please! Don't hurt my baby. What do you want?” she asked. “I never thought that you would ask, I want you to disappear and give me your life. I deserve happiness and our husband makes me happy. His soft skin, juicy lips and…”
“Please! Don't do that, he has heart problems and if you kill me, his heart won't survive it,” she said. “No, I don't plan to do that, I won't kill you. I will burn you alive. I have a husband to get back to so bye.” Princess was crying her lungs out while I was laughing. The guards were even afraid of me. “How could I do that to my twin sister?” They all wanted to know, well they knew nothing about us. How could she do that to me?
Being a queen was not disappointing, it was all I had imagined. I was a boss, I had everything I always wanted. I worked hard and definitely sacrificed a lot to get where I was, anyone who got in my way was silenced, permanently. Gogo could sense that something was wrong, the way she looked at me. She was my granny but if I had to, I would've done it. I wasn't sure if she was fond of me, maybe she felt sorry for me.
I didn't trust anyone and couldn't love anymore. Sofia was not coming back and she had to make peace with it. Her stupid questions were starting to annoy me. I had a lot to deal with, unlike her I had fans. “Princess, do you love your sister?” granny asked. That was a good question but it was unfortunate that she wasn't there to answer it.How was I supposed to know?
“Sister? Why did you have to be so loud? Yes, why would you even ask me that?” I asked                              The whole village thought that we were twins. Our family lied like always, it was nothing new. “You don't seem to be worried about her the way I am. It's been weeks now and she is not yet back. Don’t you think that something is wrong. Why would she leave and not tell us?” she asked .
“Sofia is old ma and she can definitely take care of herself . She is seeking attention, it's not the first time she pulls a stunt like this. She will come back when she is ready to accept that she is a barren,” I said. “How dare you talk about your sister like that? Where is your heart? Your mom wouldn't want to hear you talking about your sister like that…” She was talking about mom, the same women who sold us lies. The same woman who watched us get closer together as twins and said nothing. It's clear that she hated peace.
“Gogo, don't worry I will tell Pri-Sofia to video call you. She is happy, she is living her dream,” I said. “I will be expecting her call, how is your husband,” she asked. “ He is fine, ma.”                                                “I can see that things are going well for the both of you. You really are doing your job, taking care of your husband and the baby. You are glowing, what is he giving you?” granny asked.
“What other woman are given ma…I didn't even finish my sentence, I was throwing up. “Are you pregnant?” gogo asked. “No, I just ate too much today, that's all.” I couldn't be pregnant but there was a possibility, the glow? “If you say so, let me leave you. You will tell him that I am gone,” she said.               “Bye.”

As usual my husband came back home from work and we took a walk together. I fell in love with him, it wasn't the plan but I did. I had to do something about Princess, I couldn't afford to lose the king. We bought ice-cream and went to the park, we were like high school teens. I could tell that he also loved me. I wanted to tell him everything but he would've hated me.       
He said that he hated liars but he was always sleeping with them. I couldn't afford to lose everything, he would've told my family and I would be done for. I was way beautiful to be in jail. Everyone in the palace admired us but you can't build a castle on top of lies. I had to keep going if I wanted happiness.
We got home and he took a shower. He went to one of his night meetings , I didn't even suspect him, he would never  cheat. He was way too decent and didn't deserve to be caught up in my mess. It was time to call Gogo without anyone noticing. My son was asleep as well as my in-laws, they had been out all day so they were tired. I went to the bathroom to call her, I believed that all bathrooms were the same.
“Hey granny, how are you?” I asked. “My baby, I've been waiting for your call, I couldn't sleep. Why did you take your time to call me? Are you alright? Why aren't you coming back home? What's keeping you there?” she asked.                                                                                                                                                       “Yhoo! So many questions , I was very busy this week, school is keeping me busy. I didn't want to be useless so I am also at the leadership academy. I will come back as soon as I am done with the course,” I said. “But Sofia, you know that you don't have to compare yourself to Princess, you are you. Don't let Princess's achievements get to you , everything has it's own time. Please come back home, you need your family,” she pleaded.
Her words touched me but it was too late. “The damage was already done. Where would I start? What if I tell her? Would she forgive me?” those thoughts were running through my mind. “Gogo, I hear you and I can assure you that I am not trying to compete with Princess. I just felt like…”
“Like a failure? You are not a failure when you congratulate another person. It is called maturity, what worse could go wrong?” she asked. “Do we also congratulate people who lied to us? Who betrayed us?” I  asked.
“That's a very difficult question but you must ask yourself what you've got to lose. Your pride? Your ego would be bruised?” she asked. “Gogo, I will be back soon and don't worry about me. It's late and you should get some sleep. Goodnight.” “Goodnight baby, don't forget to pray.”