Chapter 1: The Reunion

As the day went by, there was a sudden knock on the front door. Alice was just getting up onto her feet to call her mother, Amanda. But there wasn't a need for that.

"Yes, yes, I heard the door." Amanda looked like a crazy cat lady. She wore a tight lavender robe with cut sleeves and short gray socks, her cliche brown hair in a messy, undone bun. She shoved the boxes and bins out of her path, all the way to the door, and plopped it open.

"Hello, sorry for the wait. Is there anything you need?"

A woman stood outside. Next to her was a teeny-looking girl. Rinoa was her name. Curious, she peeked her head inside. She just saw propped boxes, and a rocking chair. Hazel then walked over close to the door, dragging a heavy coffee table along the woolen, rough carpet. Rinoa just tried to look away. Lets say, Hazel and Rinoa had some past drama. Hazel felt the presence of staring. She looked at the door, just in shock for a minute.

How great. Rinoa is one of our neighbors.

She thought. Before Hazel knew it, the door slammed shut, and the people were gone.

"So, what did they say?" Alice asked curiously.

"I've heard about this little substance that scientists made on the news. They call it a potion," Amanda replied back.

"Are we going to drink that stupid thing? You never know what it could be!" Alicia cried.

"No, we aren't going to. Well, not yet,"