Chapter 9: Last Words

Everyone crowded Nick and Hazel. Their bodies were strangely deformed now. Their skin turned pale white, and black ink ran from their eyes, which were still somehow open. Their eyes were pitch black. Just a void. Out of nowhere, Hazel and Nick yanked up in a fast motion, at nearly the same time and speed. Nick's pupils were red, and Hazel's right pupil was white, and her left was red. They stared at everyone for nearly 5 minutes. Didn't blink even once. Hazel stood up and walked into the kitchen. Nick followed close behind. They dug in the cabinets for a minute, and in their hands were the iconic sharp weapons, a knife in Nick's hand, and scissors in Hazel's. They walked into the hallway with their hands behind their back. And randomly, dark inverted wings grew out of Hazel's back. Inverted hands grew out of Nick's back, and they both threw their weapons at everyone else. Liz, Rick, Traci, and Jaiden turned around slowly, and beamed for the front door. Now only Amanda, Alicia, Lizzy, and Roman were left. Amanda yanked her kids into Rick's gaming room, and hid behind some boxes.

"What's going on?" Lizzy cried. Amanda looked at Lizzy and Roman's face. They had a look of fear in their eyes. Amanda spotted a nearby pistol, and picked it up, loading it with 6 bullets.

"Alicia, take your little siblings to the burnt down house. I'll deal with them."

"But what about you? You need to come too!" Alicia replied.

"I'll be behind you. Just get yourselves to safety. Hopefully help will come soon." Amanda stood up and peaked out the window, thinking about what she said to her kids, and if it was even true. A dozen people ran around the streets, holding weapons, and chasing others down. Amanda shrieked. She then pushed Alicia aside and looked out the door. Hazel and Nick were violently searching. Amanda then pulled her kids out and ran behind a blue recliner. She saw that the front door was left wide open.
"Get out of here, now." She said,

"Promise you'll follow?" Alicia asked.

"I promise." Amanda had her fingers crossed behind her back. She pushed Alicia and the kids out the door, and looked above the recliner. She then loaded her pistol and shot the wall close to Nick. He sharply glanced at her, Alicia, watching from the front door, covered the kids eyes. She began to scream in her mind. Alicia dragged the kids into a nearby house, forgetting that her mother said to bring them to the burnt house, nobody was around besides bodies, if those even counted. Alicia looked around the house for something to block the door. She spotted a large coffee table and pushed it next to the door. Then Alicia pulled the kids into a big cabinet, and searched around for some food and water. She decided to make a survival kit just in case. She didn't see much, so she grabbed 3 bottles of water, some small chip bags, and some fruit snacks. She joined Roman and Lizzy in the cabinet, and handed them each some snacks and a water bottle. Alicia sang a small song to the kids to stop them from crying loudly. It wasn't long before they all dozed.