sparks fly.

BASED OF TAYLORS SONG 
SPARKS FLY.

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm
And I'm a house of cards

ONE thing Mikasa will never get is how one person, a single person, a human could walk and do nothing special, act like a normal regular average person but make her fall for them like a house of cards. 

Eren Yeager was just a normal person, minus the fact he was popular and insanely attractive which didn't help Mikasa situation. To make things worse ; he was aware of the effect he had her and used it to his advantage ( of course not taking advantage of her, his mom raised him better than that ) 

You're the kind of reckless that should send me running
But I kinda know that I won't get far

He was the type of person that Mikasa promised herself she wouldn't fall- in fact not even bother talking to you when she was younger. 

He was loud, reckless, a troublemaker and overall the exact opposite of her. 

Her mom would even tell her to stay away from guys like that, she told her herself to stay away and run the other way when facing him. Yet her mind was telling her to stay and that running wouldn't do anything. 

Other than running back to him in a span of a two days. 

And you stood there in front of me just
Close enough to touch
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of

There he was, so close to her almost to close. She should tell him to back away or move but she couldn't. Her lips just couldn't say it, his eyes we so focused on her she felt as if she was going melt in his gaze. 

They're was on a few centimeters of space between them and in small move would close it. She so desperately wanted to kiss him, it felt so right in that moment and it was clear he wanted to. He was so close that all Mikasa could hope that he wasn't able to know what she was thinking of. 

And before she knew it his lips were on her's.

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain

" Are you serious Yeager" she said looking at him in with a are you serious look. 

" Awh come one Mika it's just a little rain" 

" A little? Eren it's fucking pouring" 

He rolled his eyes and walked towards her, a smile forming on his face.

He took off his jacket and placed it on her " No will you come" 

She sighed in defeat, they're really was no point of protesting now the look on his face was begging her to say yes.

" Fine" 

Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain

Within the span of those three minutes Mikasa mood did a full 360. She hated the rain ( while hated being outside in it ) but someone how she was enjoying herself. 

She had been having a hard week, cause of midterm exams and teachers giving a shit ton of homework but somehow being with she found her worries washing away. 

He honestly had no idea what effect he did on her. 

" Hey Mikasa" 

" Yeah" 

Next thing she knew his lips were on hers and this time she didn't hesitate to kiss back. All the pain and sadness and worries she was holding at that moment all went away.

'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

They pulled apart leaving only a little bit of space between them  because breathing is a living necessity. 

He let out a small laugh " you've got to stop doing that Mikasa" 

She looked at him in confusion " doing what" 

" Doing stuff that makes fall for you more and more every damn day" 

She could've swore in that moment it felt as if the universe stopped and saw the tiny spark of happiness in him. 

She smiled at him and replied  " no promises" 

Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down

A week after that he had finally asked her out and of course she had said yes, why wouldn't she. 

Five months later, Mikasa still couldn't help but still find it unreal they were dating it felt like a dream she never wanted to wake up from. 

And even after all this time he still had the same effect on her from the first time they meet, especially his eyes. She always loved green eyes but especially his green eyes. Something about it always seemed to mesmerize her in a way.  

Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around

But like all couples they had they're arguments some a bit more extreme than others. She remembered their first big and major fight.

It went from his jealously of  guy asking her out ( who she did reject ) to her saying he was overreacting to them having a big argument and saying things they obviously didn't mean, but in the heart of the moment came out. 

She stormed out of his dorm back to hers for the night and remember cursing his name. It took her an hour to calm down back to her normal state. It was almost midnight and about to rain when she heard a knock on her door. 

When she opened the door she was saw Eren, his face looked like he was crying and filled with guilt.  

It broke her heart seeing him like this and looking back at it now, the look on his face was something that you would haunt whenever he wasn't around

" Eren what are you doing here" 

" I couldn't sleep knowing you were mad at me, and decided that you were right I overreacted and let my jealously and insecurities get the best of me and I really am sorry" 

Mikasa looked at him, a soft expression forming her face " No I'm sorry too, I know how you felt about other guys hitting up on and told me why and in all honestly telling you you were overreacting was a stretch" 

'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

And just like that the two made up and he ended up spending the night in her dorm.  

It was also the night when he first said ' I love you' to her, even though he was was half asleep the smile on his face showed he really meant it. 

The same smile that he had when he kissed her in the rain that day the same smile that she felt a spark of happiness and love. 

She smiled and kissed his cheek before  laying down beside him " I love you too"