Swan Lake

Yesterday, I let my walls down to someone knowing that it was safe to do so

Yesterday, I let my walls down to someone knowing that it was safe to do so. I knew Cici wouldn't judge me for my past, nor would she leave me when my mental health became an issue.

I felt like I could really trust her but not only her. Cici, Randy, and Mickey were really becoming a small group of people that are bringing me back out of my shell, showing me that I could bounce back from the horrors that have happened.

Walking over to the Omega Beta Zeta house, I pulled my bag over my shoulder tighter, ready for the first class of the day. Cici and I had sat down and compared our schedules to find what classes they have together and planned out our 'hang out days.'

Apparently, the blonde was serious about being my best friend.

Knocking on the big white doors, I turned the handle, letting myself in, as Cici and the other girls said they were okay with it. Closing the door, I glanced up the stairs as I always do, taking in just how bit the sonority house was.

"Hey Kat!" An excited voice called out.

Turning my head, I gave a small smile to the brunette whose personality always matched her vibes, just pure sunshine. Although I couldn't relate to that, I couldn't put out that fire either, so I let the girl bounce up to me with a wide toothy grin.

"Hi Dawnie," Letting her pull me into the lounge, I noticed a few of the Omega Beta Zeta girls sitting on the couches with their bags or necessities with them.

A redhead saw my look of wonder and gave a little laugh. "We're just waiting for Cici, that girl, and her outfits," I snorted to myself, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"So, are you ready for drama class, Kat?" Dawnie asks, taking a seat next to me as she and the other girls turn to me with equally friendly smiles. Honestly, it took me back to being in high school when the cheer girls hung off my every word.

"Uh, sure," I grimaced; the theatre wasn't really my thing. "Why do I have to take a theatre class if I'm a film student?" I questioned. Cici had already tried telling me about the classes I was taking, but to be honest, I wasn't paying attention.

"well, the students who are here for acting, singing, film making, etc. all have to take some classes in the other subjects. Like if you wanted to be an actor, you would still take a class on how to use cameras," the redhead explained.

"Yeah!" A pretty black-haired girl chimed in, "You're a film student like Cici, right? So you'll still have to do classes that don't really fit film making like the theatre class, which is why we all take it together in a mixed group".

Nodding my head slowly as I took in the information, "it's just annoying in there with the 'princess' thinking she's better than everyone" my ears perked up as I listened to the redhead's words.

The girl with the black hair nudged her quickly before giving me a smile, but apparently, the redhead didn't get the message "What? You know Gus gives her all the good parts because she's 'famous' and knows it'll bring people in and- oh my god I forgot".