Big Spoon, Little Spoon

Opening an eye, I let out a small groan and closed it again, trying to get back to sleep, when I suddenly realized my room looked different

Opening an eye, I let out a small groan and closed it again, trying to get back to sleep, when I suddenly realized my room looked different. Not only that, but the familiar scent of a guy's bedroom hit my nose.

My eyes shot open as I looked around and remembered I was in Mickey's room. After doing our paper and my run-in with my sister last night, Mickey suggested I come back to his dorm, and we watch some movies.

The night mainly consisted of horror movies and cuddling into Mickey, who had quickly realized over our short friendship that I'm a cuddler when I watch movies.

Especially if I was very comfortable with the person, I was watching the film with.

Cici learned that pretty quick, too, only she made me watch rom coms instead of horrors. I've watched Pretty Woman more times now than I ever had before.

Feeling a heavy weight tighten around my waist, I groggily glanced down, seeing an arm strung across my body. Slowly glancing behind me, I saw Mickey being the big spoon as our feet entwined.

"Oh god," I shouted as I jumped up and fell to the floor, waking Mickey as a loud thump echoed around the room.

His face twisted in confusion as he peered down at me on the floor. He held his hand out to try and help me up. "Kat? You okay?". His voice sounded so much huskier in the mornings.

It was sexy.

Oh no, bad, Kat. No thinking thoughts like that right now.

I jumped up with a fake smile and began to back out of the room, excuses flowing from my mouth. I accidentally walked into the door frame in my haste to run away.

Mickey looked more confused as I stuttered, "Kat, wait!" I heard him shout as I threw open the door and rushed down the hall, still hearing Mickey's voice calling my name.

Anxiety ran through my veins as I went over my friendship with Mickey and at what point I started thinking of him in a different light than just a friend who liked the same things I did.

I somehow ended up outside Omega Beta Zeta in my frenzied walking state. Shrugging, I continued up to the big brown doors and knocked, knowing Cici would be able to help me with my nerves and thoughts.

Dawnie opened the door with a wide smile. She was such a morning person it psychically pained me to watch her be so chirpy sometimes, "Morning Kat!".

The girl opened the door wider and let me through. "Cici!" she called over her shoulder as she shut the door behind me, knowing I only really come here for the blonde.

"Kat?" I saw Cici behind me, but her smile dropped seeing my expression. She took one of my hands. "You're shaking," Cici whispered, pulling my arm upstairs and into her room.

"Sit down," Cici told me as I sat at the end of her bed while she watched me worriedly for a moment. We'd talked briefly before about my up and down moments. She wanted to know what to do if I felt depressed or overwhelmed.