Flashbacks

"Hey," I gasped, opening my eyes seeing Mickey leaning over me with one arm on the wall above my head, glancing down at me

"Hey," I gasped, opening my eyes seeing Mickey leaning over me with one arm on the wall above my head, glancing down at me. I let out a shaky breath in remembrance.

I looked up at him with a wide grin. "You know girls have feelings that's a new one" somehow, in our talking, I had leaned against the wall, and Stu had his arm leaned above my head but his body leaning towards me.

We stood like that for a few minutes before Stu rubbed my face gently. "Listen, Kat, we need to talk.." 

I sighed sadly as a flashback hit me. "Kat, are you okay?" Mickey questioned as he watched me in worry. I gazed at him for a second before remembering he was not Stu.

Stu was gone.

Giving him a forced smile, I waved a hand in the air, trying to disperse some of the concern he was giving off, trying to feign the idea of me being okay. "Oh- uh, flashback" I fake laughed as he frowned.

"Do those happen often?" he asks, appearing genuinely interested as he slowly moving away from the looming position he had over me.

I took a deep breath as I began to nod slowly ""Frequently-" My eyebrows knitted together as I continued "-today" We begin to walk side by side down the now-empty hall.

The silence between us was almost awkward but not totally there yet.

"So we're paired together?" Mickey starts with something in his tone that I couldn't decipher, but the twinkle in his eyes screamed mischief; it was so familiar to me that it was almost too painful to remember.

I just smirked at him playfully, trying to forget about those eyes that I would forever miss. "Elementary, my dear Watson," I joked as Mickey belted out a surprised laugh at my sarcastic tone.

"Funny," He mocked, giving me a slight nudge as if testing the waters. "Anyway, what film do you wanna dissect?" he questioned, smirking down at me as I 'oohed' in jest.

Our laughter was soon broken by gangly nerd "Hey, are you talking films?" Randy huffed, pushing his way in between Mickey and me, who gave Randy a glare, not that my oldest friend noticed.

"Hey, Einstein," I greeted as he smiles widely at his childhood nickname. "Who are you partnered with?" I questioned from not paying attention in class to the pairings when he suddenly looks deflated.

"Well, I was hoping for you-" Mickey's face subtly tightened as Randy continued talking, "but I got Jessica Mason, that girl has no idea about movies. She's just there to watch the movies instead of working" I patted his arm softly as he whined.

Randy scowls when Mickey and I laugh at him, stopping to stand together when we get outside. "Seriously, she doesn't know Freddy Kruger from Freddy Mercury," Randy splutters, desperately making us laugh even more.

"Yeah, laugh it up," He pouts, crossing his arms, "what film are you doing anyway?" Randy questions the two of us as Mickey looks at me with a shrug, seemingly offering me the choice.

Randy's face brightens at the movement before wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Oh man, she's a horror buff, so you'll probably get stuck with some slasher film," Randy giddily tells Mickey with a laugh as I nudged him jokingly.

"Oh, really?" Mickey questions in surprise as he turns to me with raised eyebrows and a broad smile, his face seemed shocked, but his voice had a hint of knowing.

"It's very likely," I tell him biting my lip as his eyes drop down to look at my lips, making me smirk before clearing my throat. Mickey shook his head and blinked a few times.

"Oh, shit, here she comes," Randy mutters as we all turn to see a girl whom I was guess is Jessica Mason making her way over to us; Randy runs in the opposite direction rapidly.

"Where is he going?" Jessica huffs, crossing her arms like a typical valley girl, not too unlike Cici, but at least I didn't want to throat punch the blonde when she spoke.

"Uhhh, he had to go-" Mickey starts giving me a help me look, and I give in to the pitiful puppy dog eyes he was displaying.

"-Yeah, he had some bad food, and it's really got him. He's been in the bathroom all day if you get what I mean." I tell her with fake sympathy as Mickey laughs from behind his hand when Jessica looks in the direction Randy ran off in disgust.

"Poor boy just can't stop..." I say, but Jessica runs off looking like she wanted to be sick. Perhaps the thought of her partner having explosive diarrhea wasn't what she was expecting to hear from us.

"He's going to kill you," Mickey announces as he gazes at me with an impressed smile, and we both turn to watch Jessica run in the opposite direction Randy had.

"Ehh, he'll live," I tell him laughing, the look on Jessica's face will be imprinted on my mind for the rest of the day. It was probably the best thing that had happened to me since I got here.

"So, do you wanna go to the video store and find a movie?" Mickey asks when we both go quiet, I look up at him, silently pondering his question, but he must have mistaken my silence for something else.

"You know if you don't have anything better to do," he stutters when I continue to look up at him biting my lip, wondering if this is a friendship I should be pursuing. I told myself I would never get close to anyone again.

Then along came Cici and even Mickey.

I nod, letting out a small breath. "Sure," Mickey smiles widely and pulls me over towards the student car park. I glance around and see a few reporters still mulling around but luckily, none of them both us.

"You drive?" I question as we walk through the car park stopping at a white ford, which looked a little rough around the edges, but it didn't look as beaten up as some of the other cars in the lot did.

Mickey nods, pulling his car keys out of his bag, and unlocks the car. "Jump in," he says easily as he opens the passenger side door for me; facing the car, my stomach tightens as I internally begin to check off all the dangers.

Getting in a car with a stranger was not something I would have expected to be doing when I woke up this morning. I breathe heavily as Mickey looks at me with a frown as he leans on the door. "You can trust me, you know."

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise as he caught my expression. "I know," I lie, my jaw set tightly. I was really out of practice with the whole friend making thing, not that I set out to make friends when I enrolled here.

"We can walk if you want?" Mickey explains, throwing his bag into the back before turning to me with a smirk. "Hell, I'll carry you there if I have to" A laugh escapes my lips, and Mickey grins grows.

Putting my bag next to his, I give him a quick smile as I move to get into the car. "Let's go."