Normality Sucks

Walking into Film Theory class with Mickey, I smiled, seeing my blonde friend already sitting in her seat

Walking into Film Theory class with Mickey, I smiled, seeing my blonde friend already sitting in her seat. Her expression made my smile fade. She didn't look like the happy Cici I had come to know.

Her eyes caught mine, and she grinned widely, seeing me walk in with Mickey. She was never going to let me live this down. She was my own little cupid, I guess.

Slipping from under Mickey's arm hung over my shoulders, I sat behind my desk next to Cici. "So, how were things with Ted yesterday?" I questioned as we waited for the class to start.

The blonde sighed heavily and pushed her hair behind her ear before leaning closer. "Not good. I tried to talk to him about how I felt, but we started arguing and he stormed off," she pouted, playing with the sleeves of her shirt.

Glancing at my best friend, I grimaced whenever I think of who she reminds me of. I hadn't thought of Casey in a while, but now, whenever I'm with Cici, I'm instantly reminded of my friend who was brutally killed.

It wasn't just her name that caused me to think about it. They both had more in common than just the same name, they both had the same musical laugh the beautiful smile, and they both made me feel like I was normal.

It was just that instant sister-friend bond you always wished for growing up.

"Well, if he's not willing to step up, just dump his ass," I tell her with a small laugh when I realize she was waiting for me to say something.

"Wow, Kat, is that your outlook on relationships," Mickey said, leaning over his desk and looking at us, causing the whole class to hone in on the conversation.

He may be laughing, but I could see the glint in his eyes. We'd only just started our relationship, and he looked a little worried about my advice for Cici.

Laughing at the look on his face along with Cici, I clicked my fingers, "Don't be a woman that needs a man, be the woman that a man needs!" the females in the class erupted into cheers before Mr. Lecter came into the class.

Getting a wink from Mickey, I sat back in my chair with a smirk, he no longer looked worried, but his toothy grin gave me shivers.

"Today, we're going to discuss your theories on the influences of movies and the effect they have on people," Mr. Lecter announced, clapping his hands, "and I'm looking forward to reading your Plot Hole essay. So pass them forward."

Taking the essay Mickey and I had worked on together out of my bad, I handed it forward to Mr. Lecter as he nodded at a student who was talking about his horror movie theory.

Suddenly everyone burst into conversation, fighting and arguing their opinions.

Joshua and Nina, who sat in the front of the class, were arguing back and forth about how horror movies were or weren't the reason why some people went on crazy killing sprees.