Forgive And Forget?

"Hello Sidney" Those two words made my twisted worse than the first time I had ever heard them; her voice still manages to grate on my nerves even after all these years. Here I was, thinking I'd never have to see or hear from Gale Weathers ever again. "How are you?".

"Hi," My sister greeted timidly as we turned to see a smiling Gale, along with her newest cameraman who twisted the lens of his camera pointed directly at us as I glared at him. Why was he filming us?.

Gale's face lit up when she noticed me stood behind my twin. "Oh! Katherine," my eye twitched at the sound of her saying my name. "It's great to see you, too; I had no idea you were out of the-."

Her sentence was cut off by my sister, "What do you want, Gale?" Gale's sharp eyes moved from mine as she gave Sidney another false smile; thankfully, her attention was no longer on me or my release from the mental hospital.

"Well, I was hoping I could get a few words from you with..." A tall, instantly familiar man wearing a suit moved between Gale and her cameraman, mine and Sidney's breath audibly hitched at the sight of the man.

"Cotton."

"Hello Sidney, Katherine" He gave a slight nervous nod but smiled happily as if he was a cat who had gotten the cream. He looked no different from the last time I had seen him in person, except now the suit he was wearing wasn't prison-issued.

What the hell was he doing here?.

Gale spins around all business as she faces the camera holding a microphone in front of her face. "Here we are at Windsor College where Sidney and Katherine Prescott have just been reunited with Cotton Weary for the first time since Sidney wrongfully accused him of her murdering their mother."

My mouth drops open as I realize Gale was trying to fix an interview with Cotton and Sidney, that's why she was so happy I was here, better to get both Prescott Twins than just the one.

Sidney grabbed onto Gale's arm that was holding the microphone and tugged at it. "What the hell are you doing?" I turned my head to the others who watched on just as clueless as my sister was being.

"We want to know how you feel." The fake smile was back on Gale's face as she pushed her microphone towards us, my heart began to speed up angrily. "Tell us everything that's happened looking back on the last two years."

"Girls," Cotton's voice broke through the tension, "I'd just like to say that I forgive and forget, and like you, I'd like to move on with my life" He too smiled falsely and gave the camera a quick glance.

We were being set up.

"Do you have any comments" Gale questioned as she once again places her microphone near our faces giving us an encouraging smile as Cotton stood in front of us, shifting from foot to foot.

"You bitch!" My sister hissed, stepping closer to Gale as everyone moves in to grab her. Gale holds up a finger and leans away from Sidney. I glance at Cotton, who gives me a smile, but I stay emotionless to his 'friendly' attempt.

Derek turns my sister away from the reporters who, by now, have all taken out their own equipment to capture the scene going on in front of them. Who wouldn't, this was a pivotal moment for all of us.

The moment Gale was obviously trying to set up and show the world that she Gale Weathers had been right all along, Cotton wasn't guilty of our mother's murder, and now the three of us we're being brought back together again.

The set up was so clear, and it made me furious; how many more times was Gale going to do this to us? We weren't something she could write about in a book or ambush for her next news piece.

"Oh, Sidney, Katherine, share with us please!"

Unfortunately, my anger wasn't something that I had complete control over yet, and my body was moving before my brain even had time to catch up. "I'll share with you!" I shouted as my fist made contact with Gale's face.

The crowd was visibly shocked as gasps rang out; I moved forward slightly as a terrified-looking Gale shifted away from me, and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, which is when I realized that I had been shouting at Gale unintelligibly.

My sister's face was open in shock and concern as Mickey picked me up over his shoulder when I fought his grip, my anger at not only Gale but everything else had spilled over, and now I was struggling to stop it.

I felt Mickey's shoulders shake with laughter as he comfortingly carried me across campus as the other reporters rushed around Gale to get her 'comments' on what just happened.

"Kat?" I heard my new blonde friend call as we passed her and her friends, and I internally groaned at the thought of Cici seeing what just happened and no longer wanting to know me.

Mickey finally put me down when I stopped kicking and shouting, but he didn't move that far away, and I probably should have been angry or upset at him, especially only having known him for like a day, but I wasn't.

"Are you okay?" Cici asked as she next to me on the bench outside my door where Mickey had taken me. "What happened?" she questioned, giving Mickey a glance. "What did you do, Mickey?".

The dark-haired man put his hands up, protesting his innocence with a grin as he explains to the blonde what happened with Gale. Cici sighed as she rubbed my shoulder in comfort. "Fucking reporters," she swore as I tried to calm myself.

"Two years," I said solemnly as the two of them faced me, Mickey's smile gone as he heard the tone of my voice. "I worked on myself and all these problems for two years, and she comes in here with her stupid camera, stupid smile, and fucking ruins int all."

Standing up, I began to walk away as Cici calls out to me, "I'm sorry I just-" I stopped with a sigh as I turned back around and walked into the building towards my dorm room. Tentatively opening the door, I sighed with relief when the Wiccan girl was nowhere to be seen.

Pushing the door shut, I slowly slid to the floor, reaching up to twist the lock as I silently sat with my back pressed against the door fighting away the tears that were begging to be let go.

:::

A/N:  I'm thinking of changing my face claim to someone more 90's-ish, so if anyone has any ideas let me know please! :)