Triplets [chapter 12]

"If we hurry up, we might make it in time to steal some food from the kitchen before anyone can notice," y/n shook Camilo who insisted sleep was the best thing in the world. At the moment, it was his number one priority. She was going to change that real quick.

Camilo shot up in his bed, eyes wide awake. He looked around the room, locking eyes with her after a moment. His hands went up to her shoulders and he shook her with as much force as someone who just woke up could. "Don't fuck with me, y/n. I carve the food!"

She removed his hands from her shoulders with caution. Camilo looked like a rabid dog; his messy hair, crazed look, and heavy breathing only contributed more to this rabid dog look. "And we can get that if you get your ass up."

The Madrigal shot out of bed. He didn't even make the bed, trusting his room to do as he wished after y/n got off it. A closet door appeared in his line of walking, Camilo walking right into the closet after opening the door. He threw on his little yellow clothing and stormed out of the closet. The door disappeared once he left the room. Camilo grabbed y/n's, who was sitting in a beanbag she manifested, hand and walked her to the door. They were rushed down the stairs with Camilo leading the way.

"Camilo, I just said be a little quicker," y/n stumbled over her own feet, but didn't get a moment to stop with Camilo still pulling her along. "Not become the fucking flash."

"I need the food!" Camilo shook his head like a crackhead who'd gone without their substances for a bit too long.

Y/n cautiously removed her hand from his when they reached the kitchen, "Ok..."

Camilo barged into the kitchen, apologizing when he saw the frightened expression on his tía's face. She held a hot pan of some unbaked food. The two went further into the kitchen, looking over the counters to see what was already made.

"The counter next to the stove," Julieta sighed, informing the two of where the food was. "Don't eat too much though. I don't want Abuela to notice the missing pieces."

"Gracias, tía!" Camilo grabbed two Huevos Rancheros and y/n grabbed one for herself.

They left to go help set up for breakfast. Now this wasn't normal, but after parties, due to the mess typically left behind, they'd eat outside. Luisa had already moved the dining room table out, and Dolores and Félix were helping to move chairs out. There were three specific chairs that Antonio, Isabela and Abuela used, so they had to be particularly careful as to where they put the chairs. Especially Abuela's since she was the head of the house.

As they walked through the house aimlessly, y/n couldn't help but think back to the fight she and Camilo had with Mirabel last night.

"You know," Camilo turned in the grass, breaking his eyes away from the clouds he'd been staring at for the last hour. Mirabel and y/n, who had accompanied him on his cloud watching trip, looked over at him. Y/n had to prop herself up on her elbows to see him. "We could be triplets."

"But you're older than me," Mirabel mumbled in confusion. She looked over at y/n, "And she's older than you."

"Mirabel, shut up," Camilo stated flatly, sitting up fully.

He rested on his hands, blowing a curl out of his face. His legs were against the ground, feet swaying from side to side with the leaves of the trees a light wind provided. Mirabel and y/n did the same; the Madrigal of the two girls brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them tightly, and the l/n let her legs cross one over the other while still laying flat on the ground.

Y/n chuckled, "Say: how could we be triplets?"

"Well we're all the same age, and we always hang out with each other," Camilo started. He brought a hand up and started to subconsciously do gestures with it as a way of further making his point. "And we're all basically Madrigals." He watched Mirabel open her mouth to protest, cutting her off before she could say anything else, "I know y/n isn't tech-nickel-ly a Madrigal, but I count her as one."