Who is She?

My name is Vikranth Bhatia. Im retired Director General of Police in Maharashtra, India.

 Im retired Director General of Police in Maharashtra, India

 After I was transferred to Maharashtra, crime rate declined considerably. I'm from Hyderabad but moved here after my family is torn apart.

I took voluntary retirement after my wife suffered massive heart attack second time. I respect and believe in law. I never had unsolved cases in my 30 years of police service. I abide rules, never crossed or misused. Everyone calls me terrorist of criminals.

I'm walking in the beach reminiscing past. Chief Minister and Home Minister are calling me everyday for the last two months to convince me to come out of retirement. Intelligence reports say there is terrorist threat. I'm doing everything to find the source and stop the attack. They think I would do better with power and more resources. Even my wife Shanthi is trying to convince me.

My thoughts were interrupted seeing the crowd gathered in front of me. I peeked through the crowd and saw a girl performing CPR on a little girl around 6 years. Both were drenched, my guess is the big girl saved the little girl from drowning. She looked exhausted, people are just staring not bothering to help. There is a woman crying, mother of the little girl I guess.

I was about to take over the CPR when the little girl gasped and gained consciousness.

The mother thanked the big girl, who looked uncomfortable seeing the crowd and walked away in hurry.

After taking few steps she fainted. I took her to the hospital. She is being treated while I waited outside.

I know her but I don't know. I have seen her few times in the past one month. We see hundreds of faces every day but don't remember. I still remember her face from first time I saw

Flashback

I was jogging in the beach around 5:30. A girl was standing on the edge of the rocks, she didn't move an inch even after 15 minutes. My first thought was, 'is she trying to commit suicide?'

 My first thought was, 'is she trying to commit suicide?'

I stayed little far and watched her. She had grave look in her eyes as if she lost everything.

She left from there after half an hour.

I saw her the next day too in the same place with same look. A little boy, selling balloons approached her. She talked to him for sometime and bought all the balloons, gave him one and took the boy with her and made him give all the balloons to the kids in the beach.

The boy left with a happy smile.

I saw her on road after few days fighting with a man, abusing his wife. People were watching the show but this girl supported the victim and made the wife file complaint against the husband.

End of Flashback

I didn't see her after that day but she stayed in my mind. She earned my respect. After an hour or so Doctor came out

"Are you patient's relative?" She asked

"Yes, she is my niece" I lied to avoid complications 

"She fainted because of exhaustion and looks weak. She needs proper rest and healthy food especially in this condition" Doctor said

"What condition?" I asked

"Your niece is pregnant. Take care. She will gain consciousness in an hour and you can take her home"

"Thank you Doctor"

I went inside. She looked peaceful sleeping

I Don't know who she is, where she is from. I hope things are good for her now. Last month she looked like hell.