The End...

Bruce's gaze had remained on the shattered, broken and discarded remains of what was the Arkham Knight... His son...

After taking the helmet and setting it aside, Bruce forced down his sorrow and guilt and focused on Clark, knowing exactly what had to be done...

...
...
...

After sometime for the heroes to collect themselves... after the remaining members of the regime had been imprisoned and taken away, only the insurgency remained... and so, Batman and Supergirl both left Gotham for the fortress of Solitude, acting as sort of escorts for the Man of Steel...

In time, Superman was bathed in waves of yellow kryptonite to dampen and take his power away from him. Now being awake and aware, simply remained still and allowed this process to carry on. With his arms and legs restrained, Clark hung his head low and waited for the process to be completed. Once the waves of kryptonite had disbursed, Batman informed Kara that it was safe for her to come out...

And so she did.

Kara landed before Kal, holding a sorrowful look as Clark's glare deepened. "Even without my powers, the phantom zone can't hold me. I'll be back."

"And we will be ready." Bruce promised, opening the portal for Clark... Supergirl approached her cousin, only growing more guilty as his glare remained on her.

"Kal.. I don't.. I-I.. I wish.."

"We were family, Kara."

"We still are... I hope someday, You'll see that." Kara quietly muttered. Kal ignored her words, turning around toward the portal... And with one foot in front of the other, he stepped through it... Banishing himself to the phantom zone.

Kara stared at the now empty space with utter disbelief, lowering her head as she sighed quietly... Bruce placed his hand on her shoulder, asking her if she was going to be okay...

She didn't answer. She never responded... not to him.. Rather, she just raised her hand to the symbol on her chest, unable to find the words that she needed to describe how she felt in this moment. Noting her silence, Bruce decided to change the topic and asked for her to return to Gotham with him. That he had an offer for her...

...
...
...

In time, the new Justice League was formed... Supergirl, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Flash, Green Lantern, and even the recently found Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy... Bruce Wayne himself retired, hanging the cowl to focus on Gotham and it's citizens in a more... traditional way.

And so, the new Justice League had been formed... but Bruce and Kara both still remained haunted by the Arkham Knight... by (YN) Wayne.

Unbeknownst to Bruce, Kara heard everything

Unbeknownst to Bruce, Kara heard everything... The argument, the hate, the frustration, the guilt that Bruce and (YN) shared...

And now, with Bruce retired, Kara flew above the streets of Gotham. It had been around a week since Kal-El's banishment, and crime was still at an all time high... Even after Brainiac's invasion, villains still chose to be villains.