𝟓. 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐃

Elle hung her head in shame as she walked out of her room. Tension hung in the air.

"What the fuck were you thinking !" Lorelai yelled , hitting her fist on the wall. "Are you fucking stupid?!"

The girl flinched as she leaned against the wall , crossing her arms. "Mom..I didn't know there would be a gun involved.."

Lorelai looked furious. "It was JJ wasn't it?" She pulled her beer bottle to her mouth. "Fuckin' menace."

"It wasn't his fault!" Elle protested, looking her Mother in the eyes. "He was protecting me! He was protecting John B-"

The woman just shook her head. "I know your close with them, but if your little friends are gonna' continue to make cops come to our house , you aren't hanging out with them anymore."

Elle blinked back tears. She bounced her knee up and down as she anxiously but her lip. "But it wasn't their fault. Topper Thornton tried drowning John B!"

"I don't wanna hear it. You're grounded." The woman said, as she simply just rolled her eyes, showing no interest in the blonde's story. "Don't think I haven't found the spare money that you kept either."

"What..?"

Lorelai pulled a wad of cash from her pocket , as Elle's eyes went wide.

"Where did you find that?"

The woman laughed. "I thought we were a team. I'm not as stupid as you think, girl. 50 dollars a week? Pathetic."

Tears filled Elle's eyes. "That's my money , Mom. I worked-." She wiped her eyes. "I worked hard for that!"

Her Mom rolled her eyes. "I need it more , alright? I'm your Mom."

"You're a shit mom! You haven't done anything for me! All you do is steal my money to buy drugs and beer! I'm the one with a job, the one who brings money home , and you just take advantage of it! So yeah, I kept money for myself. I have the right to do that!"

Anger filled Lorelai's eyes. "Call me a shit mom all you want! I'm still in charge!"

Elle crossed her arms. "My friends have been more of a family then you ever have."

The woman stepped forward, causing Elle to step back nervously. "Do you have any idea how much you've cost me? You're a brat. Nothing more , nothing less. A little ungrateful shit that does nothing but hang out with a bunch of guys, like a fucking hooker. You are no daughter of mine Elle Bleu. You're nothing."

"That's where you're wrong." Elle said , her eyes watered over. "The thing is , that's why I am your daughter. As much as i'm trying not to , I can't seem to escape the shitty Wright legacy. As much as I don't drink , or smoke , or do drugs in fear of becoming like you , i'm still haunted by the things you've done. I can't even have fun anymore , because i'm scared of becoming a shit person like you!"

Lorelai slapped her , leaving Elle holding her face in shock. "GET THE FUCK OUT!"

The blonde grabbed her back quickly. "Fine! Keep the money. Enjoy your drugs and beer!"

———-

Elle sat on the edge of the dock , her feet kicking in the water. Thoughts brewed in her head as she cried. A real cry that she didn't have to muffle in fear of her mother.

"E?" A voice behind her said quietly. The girl jumped and turned around to see a tall blonde boy standing there , a concerned look on his face.

She looked relieved. "You scared me."

The boy laughed. "What's wrong?" He asked as he sat down next to her.

"My mom stole all my money." She sighed , her head hanging low. "She took everything. All the money i've been saving for years."

JJ wasn't good with feelings , but the two were so close, that they talked about these things often.

He rubbed her back , pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry E. That fucking sucks. I know how hard you worked."

The girl started sobbing. She tried not to, but she couldn't anymore. "I just want to be a good daughter. I just want to be a good person!" She said in-between sobs. "I just want to do the right thing."

The last sentence broke his heart. It hurt seeing his bestfriend in so much pain. Especially when she's the nicest person he knows. Hell , she's the nicest person on the island.

"Elle , I don't know much, but what I do know is that you're probably the bestest person on the island. I mean you're smart , like literally the kindest person i've ever met , and well , let's be real , your looks aren't exactly bad either."

She laughed , rubbing her eyes as she pulled away from her friend. "Bestest isn't a word."

The boy smiled. "It should be. It's my word now."

Elle looked back down at the water , her smile fading. "Do you think JB will mind if I stay at the Chateau? I don't think my mom wants me coming home right now."

"You? Hell no. Booker cares about you more than you think."

She nodded. "I know, but this whole sunken-boat shit, and his dad's disappearance..I don't want to be a burden."

"See. You're too fucking nice. It makes us all look bad. When am I gonna' rub off on you?"

Elle laughed and grabbed her bag. "I think it's safe to say that you have. I mean , 11 years of friendship can do wonders."

The boy nodded. "This is true, this is true." He hesitated, biting the inside of his lip as he watched Elle kick at the water. "Hey Elle?"

She raised an eyebrow as she looked at her friend. "What's up ?"

"Do you know why Rafe was bothering you last night? I mean , i'm sorry you had to deal with him. He's fucking psychotic , but you know-."

Elle shrugged. "I dunno. He just sat down and offered me a drink. Why?"

The boy cleared his throat. "Well-."

Suddenly , they heard running towards them on the dock. The two turned quickly to see John B bolting towards them. He was followed by Kie and Pope.

"Can we talk?"

———

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

HAHA CLIFFHANGER.

lorelai fucking sucks and I hate her and she deserves to die 😇 definitely giving Fiona form 1986 , but less hurty and more wordy.

jj and elle are so cute i'd do anything to have what they have in screaming and crying why cat I have that. They are my standards.

jj about to confess then getting cut off by John B = Nancy about to confess to Kie but getting cut off by Steve

TYSM FOR 12K ON TT WTF?? ALSO THIS BOOK ALREADY HAS 2K READS???

in all seriousness thank you so much for the support. It is insane to me how much you guys like me stories , and how many of you guys have stayed with me since SDITE (because that writing was atrocious)

i love you all,
xoxo kay.