𝟏𝟓. 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐖 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍

Elle laid on the couch, her feet propped up on the arm. She had a book in her hands, and was holding it above her face, enough to shield her eyes from the sun that crept through the windows.

"Bug!" John B yelled from his bedroom, the loud noise causing Elle to turn her head. "Is someone outside?"

The girl sat up and looked out the window. A jet-black motorcycle was parked right next to The Twinkie. Elle jolted up from the couch and ran to the door. "Shit!" She yelled, quickly yanking it open.

There stood Rafe, who was wearing a pale, orange polo top. A small smirk was painted to his face as he watched Elle nervously walk outside.

She stopped in front of him and crossed her arms. "Why are you..here?" She asked, looking back towards the old house.

"Wanted to see you." He replied suddenly. His tone was cold, but still charming.

The girl squinted her eyes at one of the windows, where John B stood with his eyes as open as saucers. She turned quickly towards Rafe again. "One second."

She bolted into the Chateau and straight for John B's room. He stopped her in the doorway before she could even step inside.

"Why is he here?" He said curiously. He sounded pissed.

Elle shrugged before leaning over to look back outside. "I don't know! He just showed up!"

"Did you tell him about you and JJ?" The brunette asked. "I'm coming out to talk to him."

The girl cut him off before he could walk outside. "How about I go first. Just wait inside." She said, nodding reassuringly. "It'll be fine!"

John B admired her optimism. No matter what, she always expected everything to work out. No matter how much shit the world threw at her, she bounced back, ready to take on another day. Obviously, he knew this would take a toll on her eventually, but he didn't want her to lose that spark she always had.

He nodded as he crossed his arms, watching Elle walk back out towards the clinically-insane, drug addict.

"Sorry.—" Elle said, motioning back towards the house. "Just had to have a quick convo." She smiled kindly.

Rafe nodded and wiped his nose. "Right. So uhm..is it true?"

The girl glanced around nervously, rubbing the shark charm on her neck. "Is what true?"

"You know."

She nodded anxiously as she ran her hand through her hair. "Yeah. Yeah it's true."

He rubbed his face again, which caused Elle to raise an eyebrow. "Wow." He said in disbelief. "Just wow. You go on a date with me, then you decide to go home and makeout with  JJ MAYBANK."

Elle looked back at John B as if to say 'HELP' before turning around again. "A date? I mean—who said anything about a date?"

"Oh come on Elle, you aren't dumb. It was a date."

She sighed. "I'm sorry, but we didn't really hang out long, Rafe. And you know, since then i've gone through some stuff..."

"Bullshit! You're such a whore!"

Her eyes went wide as John B finally stepped outside, behind her.

The brunette crossed his arms, leaning on the side of the twinkie. "What was that?"

Rafe stared at him, obviously losing his patience. "You heard me, pouge. She's a whore." He stood there tall and proud as Elle stared at the two blankley.