𝟒𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

John B and Kie's steps were heard as JJ and Elle sat on the dock, hand in hand, giggling like they were little kids again.

"That's new." John B mumbled as he jumped up onto the railing. It was clear he wasn't in the best mood.

JJ smirked and squeezed Elle's hand. "Yea, exactly. See what else is new." He said as he pulled her in for a kiss. She laughed and pushed away. "Cut it out!"

He laughed along with her as John B hung his head low. "Guys. Ward got the gold. Every last bar. The whole enchilada."

A stern silence suddenly filled the atmosphere. John B reached to his broken arm and pulled his cast off with ease. "It's not like I expected a happy ending or anything."

"Bee—." Elle protested, but ended up being interrupted by John B. "What, Elle? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

Kie nodded and joined in. "You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life."

To argue, the brunette lifted his arm and wiggled his fingers. "It's fine, see."

"Guys!" An abrupt voice called out as the Pogues turned to see Pope running down the dock. "Guys! Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

John B raised an eyebrow. "You alright?"

Elle smiled at Pope, and JJ did the same. "How was the interview, Pope?" She questioned, even though she was slightly concerned at his heavy breathing.

"Don't ask." He grunted, his hands still on his knees. "JB, Look, im sorry dude, about everything. But— but i don't have a lot of time, and— and I have information that is tactically relevant."

Each of the Pogues raised their eyebrows.

"So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, i'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?'."

Elle looked at John B, then the rest of the group. It was clear by JB's expression that he was thinking the exact same thing. "Gold." They said in unison.

"Exactly!" Pope said, frailing his arms around. "Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

The group exchanged glances, smiling at each other sincerely. "We're gonna steal that shit back." John B said, his grin wide.

————-

As the Twinkie pulled up to the Tarmac, everyone scrambled out of their seats, running up to the gate quicker than they'd ever ran before.

They passed binoculars along until they got to John B, and he stared in astonishment at the gold being loaded up. Of course, it was in discrete boxes, but the Pogues knew what it was.

Ward's car pulled up to the plane, honking as it came to an abrupt stop. "There's Ward." Elle mumbled, a glint of hatred in her brown eyes.

It wasn't until the passenger side door started to open, when Elle felt panic build up in her chest. "Binoculars, please." She pleaded as John B placed them in her hand.

She held them up, and as she suspected, a blonde haired girl hopped out of the car, a confused look on her tan face. "It's Sarah." She said, looking over at Kie. "Ward has Sarah."

"What?" John B asked, sounding just as panicked. He grabbed the binoculars and held them up. Sure enough, it was Sarah.

He watched as Ward grabbed her, practically throwing her on the plane. It was surly a sore sight, watching her thrash around in protest as her own father forced her into the cabin.