𝟑𝟏. 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃

The rest of the night wasn't spent arguing.

It was spent getting closure for the girls who felt betrayed by no one other than Sarah Cameron. 

Kiara got an apology from Sarah, for the friendship that was ruined. And Elle earned her rightful apology from Sarah as well.

The night was ended with laughter, not fighting. Which was something that Elle would never have guessed.

————-

The HMS pulled up to their boat, as the girls sat on the edge. "Uh oh!" Pope yelled as he neared. "You forget your keys or something?"

Kiara shook her head and glanced over a the two blondes. "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked."

John B grabbed the side of the boat as they got next to it. "You gotta admit, it was kinda funny."

"Some patriarchal bullshit." Kie mumbled, stepping over and into the boat.

Elle nodded. "That sucked."

"Still love us though, right?" JJ asked, squinting through his sunglasses as he helped Elle into the boat. As the other talked amongst themselves, he leaned over and whispered into her ear. "You okay?"

She nodded and smiled. A genuine smile. "It went fine. I'm okay."

The boy smiled as a reply. He sat next to her and she leaned her head on his shoulder. They weren't, officially, "together." but what does that word even mean to a group like the Pogues. To a pair like JJ and Elle. The label that they put on their relationship, meant nothing to them. All that mattered was that they were together.

And ever since that day that JJ flipped out, and they split up, he'd never stopped considering Elle his girlfriend. Whenever John B or Pope or anyone mentioned her, he always referred to her as his girlfriend. Even when they were broken up.

Because the truth, to JJ, was that Elle was his soulmate. The only person in the world that was truly for him.

But now, the soulmates were reading to steal some loot from an old lady.

—————

"Grappling hook?" John B asked jokingly, turning his head as he drove the Twinkie.

Pope rubutted quickly. "We don't have a grappling hook. We're not Batman."

They pulled up to the Crain House. The only source of light being from the headlights on the car. Darkness clouded the van as John B opened the door.

As everyone went to leave, he stopped them, holding his arm so no one could leave. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot that you're here tonight."

Elle smiled and hugged his side. "Of course, Bee."

"Always." Kie replied.

Pope and John B did a handshake before JJ glared around the group. "Alright, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?"

"Let's get that wheat in the water." Pope replied as they all speratically hopped out of the van.

JJ held out his flashlight. "Weed? I'm up for the weed."

Elle hit his arm as she climbed out behind the blonde. "No. Wheat. He said wheat."

"I said wheat." Pope reassured.

John B got to the fence and quickly climbed over, being followed by the rest of the Pogues. They walked as quietly as they could through the thick grasses in front of the house.

Eventually, they ducked down, avoiding the prominent motion censor light that was now shining on them.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope said, his breathing heavy.

JJ looked up. "We could, uh.. move really slowly, maybe?"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"No, that's not how it works."

John B looked around like he'd had the best idea in the world. "Shit! Let's throw a rock at it!"

The curly haired girl glared at him. "Great idea. Let the axe murder know that we're here."

Elle glanced over at the large house as the group argued what they should do. "There's a circuit box on the porch." She mumbled.

The group turned to look at her as JJ tilted his head.

"There would be a breaker. In the circuit box. Sarah and I played hide and seek here once when we were younger."

The Cameron girl nodded. "Yeah. Elle's right. We could go up and shut it off."

John B shook his head. "You guys aren't going in alone. It's way too dangerous."

"Watch us."

JJ stared at the two girls. "Crain chops people into pieces."

Elle looked back at him. "She's like 85!"

"Something like that." He quickly replied, nodding in agreement. Although he didn't want Elle to go in, he knew she could handle herself, and that she would be the one, out of all of them, to come out alive.

Sarah tilted her chin. "She's probably barley still kicking."

Kiara butted in, glancing over at Sarah longingly. "I'll go with you."

——————-
AUTHOR SPEAKS !

im so sorry for the short chapter but i've been so busy! promise the next will be longer :(

haha foreshadowing

xoxo kenn