𝟏𝟗. 𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒, 𝐌𝐀𝐍

Elle started expressing much disgust and discomfort once she realized Sarah was there.

After all, that's the girl who had broken her heart.

_________

August 28, 2018

Elle stood in the center of the Cameron's living room, her heart practically pounding out of her chest.

"Are you serious?" She asked. Her eyes stung as she tried keeping her tears at bay. "So did this summer mean nothing..?"

Sarah stood with her arms crossed, trying to be defiant, but obviously very hurt by the conversation they were having. "Its not that, Elle. I have a reputation to keep up. You know I don't want to..but with my dad, and Rose—."

The freckled girl stood in shock. Sarah was really ending things over her reputation. "Right, you can't be seen dating a pogue. Especially not a girl pogue."

"That isn't what I mean, Elle. You know that." She replied, wiping away the hair that stuck to the kook's face. "But..with the school year coming up..and Ward thinks it'd be a good idea to go out with Topper..it's just—."

Elle ran her hands through her hair, a ringing in her ears. She had fallen for Sarah, and was sure Sarah had fallen for her.

It wasn't real.

The girl stormed out with Sarah staying behind. Her face was completely red, and she trembled with embarrassment and anger. She'd been lied too. Lied too by the kook princess.

—————

The princess ran to the two, leaning over with concern. "Oh my God. Holy shit, your shirt." She said, glancing down at the red stain on John B's shirt.

"That's not ideal." He said, lifting the shirt to reveal a large wound.

Elle stood quickly. Well, as quick as you can when you were just in the hospital. "John B, you need emergency care."

The brunette placed his hand on Elle's shoulder. "E, as much as i'd love emergency attention right now, we are kind of on the run..so let's not." He started, then looked over at the large officer who was still very much looking for them. "Actually, no, yeah. We need emergency care. Right now."

"That's very true, yeah." She agreed, grabbing John B's arm and helping Sarah pull him up.

The three of them piled into Sarah's car. John B sat in the front, mostly because he was in more pain, but it helped that Elle wouldn't have to sit there.

John B leaned his seat back, practically touching Elle's legs. "Hey, do you—do you see a car? Like a- like a cop SUV?" He stumbled nervously, motioning for Elle to get down as well.

"Yes, there is a blue and white cop SUV." Sarah started, turning her head to look at the vehicle.

The brunette sighed deeply. "Shit." He mumbled breathily. "Do you see a guy with no neck?"

Elle snorted at the remark, but quickly shut-up when Sarah gave her a disapproving glance.

"There is a guy. He, in fact, does not have a neck. There's a woman with him."

John B looked around nervously. "What are—what are they doing?"

The pogue in the back groaned as she shifted positions. Her back growing uncomfortable from laying down. "John B can we just go—."