𝟏𝟏. 𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒

The freckled girl ran into her room and quickly threw on a yellow sundress. As the straightened out the dress, she hopped into the bathroom and grabbed mascara. In a rush, she put some on her lashes, and then added a small eyeliner wing to the corner of her eye. She still had her shark tooth necklace on, but she added a small, blue and white, beaded necklace that laid perfectly right above it.

She checked the watch that lay on her wrist. 2:22. Rafe was expecting her to meet him at The Cameron's residence at 2:30, and she wasn't nearly ready. When her makeup was done, Elle threw on her sneakers and grabbed her backpack, throwing the last bit of money she had left, inside.

By the time Elle left her house, it was 2:26, and it took approximately 10 minutes to walk from her house to The Cameron's, which she knew for a fact.

She walked slowly, dreading arriving there. When she did arrive, however, she was greeted by Rafe on the porch.

"Hey." He said, crossing his arms as Elle walked up to him. "You look..nice."

Elle smiled politely and jokingly bowed. "Sorry i'm late."

That got a laugh out of the boy, who then took Elle by the hand and dragged her down the driveway. The freckled girl glanced around uncomfortably as Rafe walked, still not saying a word.

"Where are we going?" Elle asked, not allowing him to drag her anymore. "I mean, you told me to meet at your house?"

Rafe just smirked as he turned to face the girl. "Are we not going to eat? There's this really good spot just down the street."

The freckled girl hesitatingly nodded before continuing to walk. She glanced around at all of the large houses on the street in awe.

"Nice right." Rafe said, noticing her expression. "I mean, I don't know how things are on the cut..well yeah I do. It's just a bunch of shit."

Elle turned to him as he face fell. "It's not shit! I love it there. I mean, it's not perfect but it's fun."

The boy rolled his eyes as he walked. The two walked in silence as Elle felt her phone buzz in her pocket.

j :)

where are you? we need some help. JB's in jail LMFAO

Elle's expression went serious when she read the text. Rafe looked over at her, concerned. The girl didn't notice. Instead she quickly texted back a reply.

j :)

where are you? we need some help, JB's in jail LMFAO

what the fuck

yeah same with kie. we were at the lighthouse and they hurt a guy and pope and i ran off and now he's in jail

i've been gone for an hour and they're in jail?

yeah so get here quick mf

She quickly shut her phone off as she turned to Rafe, wiping her hair out of her face.

"Look, i'm so sorry, but I really need to go." She said apologetically. "Something came up."

Rafe looked stunned before running his hands through his hair. "What? We haven't even eaten yet. Come on, i'm sure it can wait."