About the Novel

About the Novel

"Point of Exposure" is the third book of the N&N's Criminal Files. A series of crime/mystery stories led by our favorite detective duo, Detective Nicodemus "Nico" Yukishito and Detective Briannova "Nova" Carlos.

POE is a novel that revolves around facts and trivias. Some facts are directly discussed, while other facts are implied. Ilan lamang dito ang mga sumusunod:

•Ang "time frame" ng Point of Exposure ay tumagal lamang ng isang linggo at isang araw. The whole story happened from December 5, 2019 to December 12, 2019; the Epilogue on the 24th. Partikular tayo sa mga petsa at oras ng bawat kabanata dahil "parallel" ang mga kaganapan sa buhay ng iba't ibang tauhan sa loob ng isang linggo at isang araw na 'yon.

• Near-Field Communication Chip (NFC chipset). Sa naunang mga kabanata, it was mentioned that Nova had these in her fake nails during her investigation at the Ventura Studio. This technology is used as wireless communication between devices and readily reads and transfers data, with the condition that it should be used in "close proximity".

• Laser wristwatch. It's kind of a James Bond thing, I know. But the laser wristwatch is real (tho not as efficient as how it was demonstrated in this novel). In fact, may variation rin ito na ginagamit sa therapy.

• Eidos mask. This mask (and its complimentary goggles) were created by Royal College of Art in London. Tulad ng nabanggit sa libro, nakakapag-tune in at amplify ito ng audio information via software. Meanwhile, the goggles are used for visual details, having a similar purpose.

Note: Despite the factual basis of these gadgets, they were fictitiously modified in this novel to serve their purpose.

---

Thank you for reading Point of Exposure and for baring with the slow updates. Sa ngayon, hindi ko pa masabi kung kailan ang susunod na installment nitong series but it will probably be by December 2022 or in the early months of 2023. As usual, a new case, a new killer, and a new mystery... but this time, with an added twist in the overall scheme of events.

In book 4, we'll start diving into Xavier, Yuan, and Olympia's past and acknowledge the "greater terror" they were referring to.

Teaser:

"Nico, she's been dead for over a decade! Mahihirapan tayong i-identify ang biktima."

"Well, we have no choice, Nova," the greatest detective in Eastwood said as he studied the remains of someone long forgotten. "Dahil ang taong pumatay sa kanya ang nananatakot ngayon sa Eastwood."

What happens when Detective Nico Yukishito and Detective Briannova Carlos find themselves torn between the past and the present?

N&N's Criminal Files #04 :

BONES OF TERROR.

Stay safe and stay updated.

---NoxVociferans